Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flymo Hover Compact 300

Options
  • 09-07-2011 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

My Flymo stopped working today. Basically the blade stopped spinning, and there was a burning smell, so I naturally switched it off pronto.

Photo 1 is a pic of the lawnmower in case anyone doesn't know what it looks like.

I turned it upside down and removed the blade - I haven't a clue what the name of the part is that makes the blade rotate - anyway Photo 2 shows this part.

However when I looked at the other side of this part, it is pretty obvious that pieces of this part have broken off as shown in Photo 3.

You can tell from my very detailed description that I know nothing about lawnmowers. I have this lawnmower for 7 years, but considering the fact that I have a very small lawn, it hasn't seen much action, so I am disappointed that it is giving me some gip.

If there is anyone out there who knows a bit about them, can you tell me if it is worth my while getting this fixed, bearing in mind that I could pick up a new model for €90 from Argos.

cheers folks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

maybe it's just the brushes which are gone. god knows how much they are to replace, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

Anyone know of someone in or near the lucan area that repairs lawn mowers? I can't find anything on google....

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭casey junior

These are one bad bastard of a lawn mower. I had one do the same last month and I put it down to the shaft seizing as there seemed to be a cover over the motor missing. Now my daughter who has the same model is telling me that hers is making a burning smell an is getting noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

These are one bad bastard of a lawn mower. I had one do the same last month and I put it down to the shaft seizing as there seemed to be a cover over the motor missing. Now my daughter who has the same model is telling me that hers is making a burning smell an is getting noisy.

did u bother getting it fixed?

Advertisement