Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What mower to buy?

• 09-07-2011 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭

I'l start with my story first have 2 pz 5'6 drum mowers and 1 gives lots of trouble so we were talking this evening after the 2nd mower broke down and said we should buy a new/v.g second hand mower with a bit of with for mowing say 120 acres a year and topping say another 100 over the year. Anyway looking to see what kinda experience people have with brands? I was thinking a Kverneland but am open to any type as long as it works when its needed too
    Thanks
    Conor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

Hi, what is your budget, hp available and preferred type ie mounted, trailed, conditioner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭Conflats

tractor/s are 100hp and mounted,budget around 4-5max

I'd go Kuhn. Look at this on donedeal.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/2326554

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 224 ✭✭Conflats

Thanks, she looks nice and tidy, would kuhn be the best dont see many round these parts mainly kv

Yeah, they have a good reputation, alot around here but there is a dealer close too, that will affect your decision. But stick with the main make IMO, Kuhn, KV, Lely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭warfie35

hey conflats, i just bought a 7ft haevy duty kuhn disc mower,very happy with it,cut paddocks for bales,bit of hay & topping etc,has an oil bed as supposed to grease bed like the lely has, i'm told the grease hardens up over time, whatever you buy go for the heavy duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

I'd go Kuhn. Look at this on donedeal.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/machinery/2326554

We bought this very machine about 6 weeks ago from a dealer in South Tipp. Pretty much same money as well, were working off 100HP tractor and mainly just following cows with it. Pretty much the very same conditions as yourself.

So far.... I'd have nothing but good things to say about it. Very solid/strong machine. No bother (touch wood) so far with it. Tractor is well able for it as well.

Finally, leaves a lovely cut on the paddocks, nice tight finish and grass is coming back clean and tidy. Will be using to cut a few strong paddocks for bales as well, assume it shouldnt have any bother with this.

Advertisement