Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally got Nat Type 1 on ZyXEL P-660

• 09-07-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

First of all I bascially used this method for setting up the internet on the PS3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br9VOFyvefg

BUT it still would not work for me , It would say Failed to Obtain IP address.

However I finally figured it out myself, I had to go to the router page and go to Internet WAN> Advanced setup> PPOE Passthrough and click YES.

Just thought I would share incase any of yous couldnt get Nat Type 1.

So once you enable PPOE Passthrough to Yes and use the method above in the video you should get Nat type 1.

Also I set the MTU to 1492 instead of the PS3 default which was 1500 but don't think that mattered much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Type 1 is a direct connection of your PS3 to the internet.
    i.e. it gives your internet address to the PS3.
    This means if you have other devices your a bit stuck.
    What you really want to do is have you PS3 with a private address and forward the needed ports to it.
    This, if setup correctly gives you the functionality of NAT type 1 and also allows you to connect other devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

bricks wrote: »
    Type 1 is a direct connection of your PS3 to the internet.
    i.e. it gives your internet address to the PS3.
    This means if you have other devices your a bit stuck.
    What you really want to do is have you PS3 with a private address and forward the needed ports to it.
    This, if setup correctly gives you the functionality of NAT type 1 and also allows you to connect other devices.

I was getting type 2, but It kept disconnecting on FIFA online.
    I'l take type 1 nicely. :)

Advertisement