Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

slurry tanker

• 09-07-2011 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hello looking for some advice here.
    i am looking to change my slurry tanker from a 1300 gallon to a 2000gallon recess tank with the big wheels 28.1 R26.
    i only have a 90hp 4wd tractor will she be able for it?

looking at 3 types
    -abbey
    -hi spec (i was told the coil sprung drawbar is not as good as the abbey leaf spring)
    -cross engineering

feed back welcome
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 733 ✭✭✭jeff greene

Depends on your land but 90hp is fine, the big wheels make it alot easier.
    As for make its up to you, nothing between them really, there a very simple machine, comes down to price and dealer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

i would say if uhave any steep or much falling ground and that goes for the roads where uare too?too not go any bigger than a 1600 as 90hp is,nt really amatch for 2000gls.all things are relative if uknow wat imean.i know many may disagree but iwould guess they have generally flat land?1600 would be her limit where iam anyways.recessed tanks are great on ground

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Swinefluproof

90hp will work fine with a 2000 gallon recessed, for comfort though I usually go for something bigger in front of it. Not much fun getting pushed around a slippery field with something that is heavier than the tractor in front of it. Will do fine if you have nice level going though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Mr.Success

Nobbies wrote: »
    i would say if uhave any steep or much falling ground and that goes for the roads where uare too?too not go any bigger than a 1600 as 90hp is,nt really amatch for 2000gls.all things are relative if uknow wat imean.i know many may disagree but iwould guess they have generally flat land?1600 would be her limit where iam anyways.recessed tanks are great on ground

A neighbour of mine has an MF 165 pulling a 1650 gallon tanker full of water to his slatted shed while a 699 agitates. It can be very hard on it but i wouldnt under estimate 90HP when you compare it to 60HP Massey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dieselfumes

anybody any experience of using the hi spec on the road was told that they can be bouncy the drawbar spring set up not as good as the abbey ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭warfie35

i have 95hp 2 wheel drive, well able for 1600 tank,tried the 2000 not really able for it, think you would need 100 to 110 hp for 2000 gallon

Advertisement