Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NO CAO OFFER

Options
  • 09-07-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

CAO OFFERS
    Hi I didnt get an offers from the CAO i rang the admisssions in UCC and they told me I did not get a place so basically anybody got some advice do I just apply again for next year and hope for the best is there any courses or advice on how I could improve my chances for next year i am mature student I only got 86 overall score in MSAP so I think if I study more for that exam what is the adverage score for MSAP is 86 really bad !!!!! thanks for any tips sorry for long postfrown.giffrown.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

You could still get an offer in the second round, which is in early August, I only got offered a place in the second round last year in spite of having done a foundation course that guaranteed me a place. If you don't get an offer, looking into doing a Foundation Cert would be a way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Confused2011

Chin up angie what course did u apply for? I'd say there was alot of competition this year for places . Is there a chance you might be offered a place in august for the second round?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 angie07

thanks I dont hopefully i might get an offer in the second round but the college said i didnt get a place and it was up to the CAO I applied for sports science and physical education so I guess the places were fairly limited where can u do the foundation course

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

angie07 wrote: »
    thanks I dont hopefully i might get an offer in the second round but the college said i didnt get a place and it was up to the CAO I applied for sports science and physical education so I guess the places were fairly limited where can u do the foundation course

Angie there is a great access course in ucd. My brother completed it recently and got into biochemistry a friend of his also got into sports science as a result!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tonyr1

angie07 wrote: »
    CAO OFFERS
    Hi I didnt get an offers from the CAO i rang the admisssions in UCC and they told me I did not get a place so basically anybody got some advice do I just apply again for next year and hope for the best is there any courses or advice on how I could improve my chances for next year i am mature student I only got 86 overall score in MSAP so I think if I study more for that exam what is the adverage score for MSAP is 86 really bad !!!!! thanks for any tips sorry for long postfrown.giffrown.gif

I also did the Access to science course in UCD and got offer for physiotherapy this year on the back of this. Something to consider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 angie07

Thanks for all your replies I am goin to call UCC about an access course and I was might try get on a recreational sports studies course for year in a different collage up the chances for next year!!!!:confused:

Advertisement