Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

garmin forerunner 205 question

• 10-07-2011 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

hi,

i have the 205 garmin & was wonderin if its possible to record mile splits on a run or is this a feature on other models only?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭huskerdu

I have a 305 and I think that the 205 nd 305 are identical except for the HRM.

This is how you do it on the 305. Give it a go and se of th same menu options exist

In the menu,go to

Training > Training Options > Auto Lap

You can see the auto lap by distance to 1 mile. or any distance you want.

Hopefully, this will work on the 205

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

huskerdu wrote: »

This is how you do it on the 305. Give it a go and se of th same menu options exist

In the menu,go to

Yep, it does. Features, menu's etc are the exact same for both models. Same user manual as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭bluestone

huskerdu wrote: »

In the menu,go to

Thanks for that.

i have changed this setting but it still records my runs as one lap. this is on the quick workout option which should be ok?

bluestone wrote: »
    i have changed this setting but it still records my runs as one lap. this is on the quick workout option which should be ok?
    RTFM:D Page 16- 'Note: Alerts do not function during quick workouts'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

This may be a very stupid question but if I want to do the following training session: 15 * 200m with 100m jog recovery in between, what is the best way to use a 205 to record this?

Weetabix wrote: »
    This may be a very stupid question but if I want to do the following training session: 15 * 200m with 100m jog recovery in between, what is the best way to use a 205 to record this?
    Press MODE
    Select GENERAL
    Select UNITS
    Select METRIC
    Go back to TRAINING
    Select WORKOUTS
    Select INTERVAL
    Select DIST/REST DIST
    Change the fields to what you want.
    Select DONE.
    If you chosen WARMUP/COOLDOWN, START/STOP Button for warmup, when you want to start session, press LAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Thanks for that. I will give it a go tonight and see what happens!

gerard65 wrote: »
    RTFM:D Page 16- 'Note: Alerts do not function during quick workouts'.

i am readin the fookin thing! page 14 before it says that auto lap does not work during interval or advanced workouts. when does it actually work so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 skubasia

Hi there,

Looking for cheap second hand garmin forerunner 205/305. Waterford City
    Give us shout if ye want to upgrade and sell as above.:cool:

Szymon

skubasia@yahoo.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭huskerdu

bluestone wrote: »
    i am readin the fookin thing! page 14 before it says that auto lap does not work during interval or advanced workouts. when does it actually work so?

All the rest of the time.
    When you use the device in its simplest mode to measure your time, pace and distance for a run, the autolap saves each lap time and displays the time at the end of the lap.

I dont use the advanced workouts, but during interval runs, you dont need the autolap, as you get the interval time at the end of the interval anyway, which is the same thing.

Maybe if you explain what advanced workout you are using, and why you want autolaps, maybe someone here can help.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

Can the 205 forerunner be used on the bike on the wrist as you wear it running or is it best strapped onto the handle bars on the bike?

Thanks

bigslice wrote: »
    Can the 205 forerunner be used on the bike on the wrist as you wear it running or is it best strapped onto the handle bars on the bike?

Thanks

you can get a bike mount.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Quick-Release-Kit-forerunner/dp/B000ONDECY

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bigslice

glasso wrote: »

Cheers Glasso that looks the perfect job.

Advertisement