Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem when thanking a post

Options
  • 10-07-2011 12:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Ive noticed over the last few days that when I thank a post, the thread automatically goes back up to the top of the page.

Funnily enough when I post on my phone I dont have the same problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

this happens to me too on Google Chrome. Didn't happen before and is fine on Firefox

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

At my computer at work, where I was running the second-newest version of IE, when I thanked a post, the little bar under the post just updated with my name.

At my computer at home, where I am running Firefox 5.0, everytime I thank the post, it not only goes to the top of the page, but it also reloads the page completely, which is a bit irritating, because I have to scroll all the way down to the post I was looking at.

The only difference besides browsers is that I'm using Autopager.

Is there a way of stopping this does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Maybe Javascript is turned off in the problem browsers.

Go into Settings, turn it on.

Maybe Javascript is turned off in the problem browsers.

Go into Settings, turn it on.

Just gave it a go, no dice, good idea tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Possibly a corrupted browser cache (here's some ways to tackle the problem) or a problem with a browser extension (in your case, dashboard_hula, Autopager is likely the culprit).

• Advertisement

Ross wrote: »
    Possibly a corrupted browser cache (here's some ways to tackle the problem) or a problem with a browser extension (in your case, dashboard_hula, Autopager is likely the culprit).

Reinstalled Firefox altogether, problem solved. Pity about Autopager though, it can be handy for threads with lots of pages.

Cheers for the help =)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement