Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Music to ride too?

• 10-07-2011 5:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Like Bat out of hell or something.

I think this song would be great to have on while riding down a sunny country road.

I don't usually listen to anything on the bike, but i'll try it sometime.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

This song was also the theme from a 90s bike game. I always end up playing this song through in my head as I'm about to head for a spin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

"Can't get enough of your love, babe"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Anything mid tempo by FLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭phoenix0250

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

All the appetite for destruction album

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Just out of interest- has anyone here ever been caught by a guard listening to music under your helmet? If so was any action taken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Its not illegal to listen to music sure

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

i was about to go "whaaaa its illegal?!!!"

but really, does anyone do it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

maameeo wrote: »
    but really, does anyone do it?

All the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i thought everyone had music on underneath

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭l.m

Freebird and some ACDC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I'm pretty sure it is illegal to be listening to an iPod when driving a car so I'm not seeing how it could be any different on a bike, I'm open to correction on this but I think there was a thread on it a couple of years back.

It may not say in the law ''thou shalt not use iPods' but it does mention something about being distracted while driving and after a few shams in cars were caught case law came down against them. So I wouldn't think it'd be any different for bikers.

There might be some distinction between having a helmet that has inbuilt speakers and having earphones actually inside your ear.

But my guess is that if you pulled up to a checkpoint and the guard asked for your licence, tax, etc and you said 'sorry guard, just wait until I turn the volume down' you might be getting done for it.

I'm interested to know if any on here have ever faced that situation, maybe the gardai are not bothered but in theory I reckon they can be if they choose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

maameeo wrote: »
    does anyone do it?

Never, when I ride I want to hear and feel everything my bike is doing.

Nothing like ducking down behind the screen at crazy speeds and listen to only the sound of your engine buzzing away under you.. No wind noise, no road noise just the buzz of your engine.

If I listen to music while I ride, its always Ernie Gallagher on Q102's 'Love Zone' - herself loves it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

RATM wrote: »
    But my guess is that if you pulled up to a checkpoint and the guard asked for your licence, tax, etc and you said 'sorry guard, just wait until I turn the volume down' you might be getting done for it.

Have done numerous times, no problems.

Sure it's not illegal to wear earplugs which block out more noise than earphones would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

the music of a blaring inline triple with straight through Arrows is music enough for my ears :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,403 ✭✭✭positron

Question for those who are saying they don't listen to music while riding, do you wear earplugs to protect your hearing?

I am wearing my cheap CX300 inear phones with radio / music on at a decent volume so that I can just about hear over the chat/music over the motorway wind noise. I know this is not ideal, and I am on the lookout for a better noise isolating solution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Sure it's not illegal to wear earplugs which block out more noise than earphones would.
    I have a pair of earplugs with embedded headphones. :D
    positron wrote: »
    Question for those who are saying they don't listen to music while riding, do you wear earplugs to protect your hearing?

I mostly (98/100) wear my ultimate ear plugs without headphones, and the other (1/100) are either I have the helmet on and forgot to put the earplugs in, or I wear the headphones variant. I got them as a set (2x pairs) at the NEC show about 5 years ago and they are perfect still.

I really notice the noise when I don't wear the earplugs, and if I was going further than the 25km (~30 minutes) home I would stop to put them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I use custom ear phones. Got them for music but they do the job on the bike. Most of the time it's just to protect my hearing. Loud pipes and high speed make it very noisey on long journeys.

Only listen to music on long runs. Got stopped at a check point and I just pulled out the jack from my iPhone.

iPhone is mounted on the tank in a water proof pouch that has magnets.

Advertisement