Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three - coverage in Mongolia?

Options
  • 10-07-2011 6:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I am currently in Mongolia and cannot seem to use any operator with my Irish Three billpay mobile. I am able to see there are a load of networks to choose from, but I cannot use any of them.

Looking on the Three website I can see they don't have Mongolia is their list of roaming countries, but I don't know if this means they don't allow roaming in Mongolia or if their web developer simply forgot to add Mongolia to the list of countries.

Do any of you know if Three allow roaming in Mongolia?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

If a country isn't on the list on the website it means that a 3 sim probably won't work in that country. I'd very much doubt that they just forgot to add it to the list, especially because you're in the country and have found that it doesn't work.

If you really need a phone you should get a local sim . If your phone is locked I wouldn't recommend trying to get it unlocked over there because you could end up in a dodgy neighbourhood. Better to just buy a cheap phone

Advertisement