Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Velcro Sheet Needed

• 10-07-2011 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,
    Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'll take a punt.

What I am looking for is a large, black sheet of velcro. I'd be talking 3 or 4 foot long and 2 foot wide. I can't for the life of me find any Irish-based companies online that might provide this, or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭slowburner

I had a similar lack of success looking for large pieces of velcro in Ireland or the UK. I wonder would a post in the Arts & Crafts forum yield more results?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=590

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The widest I have seen hook and loop fastener is 50mm wide, It was on a roll so was probably about 10m long.
    It wasn't like the domestic velcro it was a lot more rigid.You would need to cut whatever length you needed and just stick it down side by side until you had the right width.
    edit: Have a look at this link and see if it would suit?
    www.cartft.com/catalog/PDF/923/Hochleistungs-Klettband.pdf

Advertisement