Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overdue

Options
  • 10-07-2011 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was due my little baby on Wednesday. I got a sweep done and am due back into the hospital Wednesday coming if nothing happens in the mean time.

I'm just wondering what usually happens now? How long will they let you go over? When will I get an induction date?

I got a sweep done on Wednesday but it doesn't seem to have moved anything along yet.

I am getting period pain kind of cramps quite often. Putting this down to slow labour really.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Totally depends on the hospital policy how long they'll let you go over... some are 10 days, some are 14 days... and anything in between...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Claramonties

hi i went 10 days over and was induced (Holles St). They check your fluid levels to make sure they are adequate etc. Im sure the average policy per hosp is no more than 14 days. good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

If you haven't popped by Wednesday, they will make an appointment for you to come back for a scan at term + 12 usually. If everything looks good they will then book you in for induction at term+14. This was the policy in Holles St when I was working there.

If you are getting period type cramps I'd say you need not worry. You'll be meeting you baby soon enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭sonandheir

i was nine days overdue with my daughter before i got induced,i had the sweep and had the same as you think it was slow labour pains,think they let you go as far as 12days,good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

On my last one they did a sweep on my due date.. left me crampy for a few days but nothing happened . . so they scheduled me for inducement on day 14.. they brought me in the day before but i knew i was starting myself at that stage.. he was an hour and 10 mins short of 14 days overdue. . don't sweat it, if you can go naturally all the better. ;) My first and 2nd were late too by 7 and 14 days so i'm fully expecting this one to be 14 late aswell :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement