Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost/Stolen laser card

Options
  • 10-07-2011 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

The other day I came home and realised my purse was gone out of my bag. I had my laser card in it. I Tried for ages to get through to cancel it and eventually did. I'm worried someone could have been using my AIB laser card online as they had a good couple of hours to use it since I didn't notice it was gone straight away. Is there anyway I can check my balance before monday? I dont have internet banking/phone banking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Is there anyway I can check my balance before monday? I dont have internet banking/phone banking?

Without telephone nor internet banking, then the answer is no.

You need to talk to the bank first thing Monday morning.

Have you reported the cards as stolen by now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 VeronicaMoon

Paulw wrote: »
    Without telephone nor internet banking, then the answer is no.

You need to talk to the bank first thing Monday morning.

Have you reported the cards as stolen by now?

Yes I rang them up and cancelled the card but I'm worried about it being used online. I tried to contact the gardai but was cut off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

this is nothing to do with the Gardai for the time being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Online retailers take responsibility for cards used where the cardholder is not present. So even if it has been used, you will not be out of pocket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 VeronicaMoon

maxer68 wrote: »
    Online retailers take responsibility for cards used where the cardholder is not present. So even if it has been used, you will not be out of pocket
    So if they enter a different address it shouldn't be accepted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

So if they enter a different address it shouldn't be accepted?
    It can be accepted, but the retailer takes the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Advertisement