Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music player on Samsung Galaxy 2

Options
  • 10-07-2011 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

I am using bose headphones with my phone. I cannot get the right sound out of it ! It sounds as if hte singing is in the background. The music is a bit distorted too. I have checked the settings and the effects are set to normal. Is it possible that the headphones are not compatible with the phone or would that be totally wrong ? Cant figure it out. Im on hols and was planning to relax with the music player not a happy camper now! Any suggestions would be great .Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

I am using bose headphones with my phone. I cannot get the right sound out of it ! It sounds as if hte singing is in the background. The music is a bit distorted too. I have checked the settings and the effects are set to normal. Is it possible that the headphones are not compatible with the phone or would that be totally wrong ? Cant figure it out. Im on hols and was planning to relax with the music player not a happy camper now! Any suggestions would be great .Thanks

You using the headphones that were provided with the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'd download a new music player - I found Winamp and Doubletwist to be quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

You using the headphones that were provided with the phone?

No , Im using bose headphones

No , Im using bose headphones

Some headphones are incompatible with Android phones. In my experience anyway.

When i used to try plug in nokia headphones into a HTC phone or a Samsung phone it always malfunctioned.

Not all of em. But when i tried it happened anyway :)

So try sticking with OEM headphones or try another pair?

Went to an electrical store here, helpful guy with broken english figured it out for me. My jack is suitable for i pods it has 3 ridges on it. i need a shorter jack end with only 2 ridges. im sure thats not the most technical of explanations but an adapter onto my jack will sort it . thanks for help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Why would Apple feel the need to change the form of a headphone jack, when they have been industry standard for soo long now?? :confused:

Anyway, as you were!

mollser wrote: »
    Why would Apple feel the need to change the form of a headphone jack, when they have been industry standard for soo long now?? :confused:

Anyway, as you were!

Because apple wants to tie everyone into their ecosystem. If you buy 1 product with them you have to stay with them and buy only apple certified products to ensure they work.

Its just their way of saying please spend more money on us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

Those four-pole plugs aren't an Apple invention, they're used on Nokias and other phones too, as well as many two-way radios. You need them if you want to carry stereo audio, and provide a microphone input back to the phone. Your own phone's "official" headphone/handsfree combo probably uses the same physical plug.

The incompatibiliy is in how the signalling for the "remote" controls (pick up, volume, play/pause, skip) is done, and every maker has some kind of "lock in" in this.

If you like the sound from them, you can get an adapter to turn the plug on your Bose speakers back to a plain stereo 3.5mm plug, but then they become simple headphones - not a hands-free.

thanks Kris , I am happy with my headphones so I would like to get the adapter you are talking about . Can you tell me what I need to ask for please? And is it readily available or will I have to order online ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

I had a quick look, and the ones I saw before are nowhere to be found. Somethiing like this will work, though:

http://www.theheadsetbuddy.com/Smartphone-iPhone-Headset-to-PC-Adapter-35mm-to-Dual-35mm-01-PH35-PC35.htm

.. you'll probably have to lop off the "microphone" plug.

You can make a cable, with a 3.5mm 4-pole socket, a 3.5mm three-pole plug and some stereo headphone cable (Maplin have all these), but that will need soldering, and a pinout for the iPhone cable (which you'll find here).

(If you're not experienced with a soldering iron, don't make this your first project - 3.5mm plugs are a bitch to solder).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Boradan

Went to an electrical store here, helpful guy with broken english figured it out for me. My jack is suitable for i pods it has 3 ridges on it. i need a shorter jack end with only 2 ridges. im sure thats not the most technical of explanations but an adapter onto my jack will sort it . thanks for help

Dont bother... your phone is MADE to take headphones with the microphone.
    Push the plug into the socket a little bit harder. I had the same problem with my S2. Turned out its a very tight connection. All I needed was a little more pressure when inserting the jack.
    Just have a look at the headphones that came with your phone, and they will have the same plug as your Bose ones.
    Also, the audio quality isnt that well set up on the S2.
    Go to the marketplace and download an app called DSP Manager. Makes it sound 100 times better....

Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

If I try to plug my Nokia heatset into the computer in college, I get exactly the same problem. It's annoying, but having the controls on the phone heatset is great.

Some Nokia heatsets split in two so you can use your own earphones, maybe you could find something for your GS2.

Advertisement