Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting rid of eircom line for upc??

Options
  • 10-07-2011 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

got hkc system that sends texts via eircom line. Thinking of getting rid of eircom for UPC and heard it doesn't text. How much does it cost to get a gsm texting service into the hkc box? Or is there any way to get around this with upc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Texting does not work with the HKC over upc, €320 for the HKC GSM-P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

is it possible to connect existing hkc box to the upc router to send voice/text?
    Also if I just disconnect eircom will the control panel beep as if it were a line error?

is it possible to connect existing hkc box to the upc router to send voice/text?
    Also if I just disconnect eircom will the control panel beep as if it were a line error?

If you have the HKC Securewave installed you can as it can do either text or voice, the voice works with upc.

It will show a line fault when you disconnect the line. The alarm will still set with the line fault. If you have engineer access to the alarm you could turn off the line monitor to clear the fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

As a cheap alternative, I am going to fit one of these GSM texters to my alarm. It's actually a GPS/GSM tracking device for a car but it'll happily send txt messages given a positive or negative input, which any alarm panel should be able to do (and if not, then a feed can be taken off the bell-box trigger

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Realtime-GPS-GSM-GPRS-Vehicle-Tracker-System-Device-/320715410990?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_GPSSystems_GPSSystems&hash=item4aac20ce2e

Don't need the GPS part of course ;-)

franksm wrote: »
    As a cheap alternative, I am going to fit one of these GSM texters to my alarm. It's actually a GPS/GSM tracking device for a car but it'll happily send txt messages given a positive or negative input, which any alarm panel should be able to do (and if not, then a feed can be taken off the bell-box trigger

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Realtime-GPS-GSM-GPRS-Vehicle-Tracker-System-Device-/320715410990?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_GPSSystems_GPSSystems&hash=item4aac20ce2e

Don't need the GPS part of course ;-)

Not unless they take the GSM with them :D

Let us know how you get on installing it to the alarm system.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    Not unless they take the GSM with them :D

Let us know how you get on installing it to the alarm system.

That seems like a good option but bet it is not easy to install

That seems like a good option but bet it is not easy to install

It wont be easy :D

I would rather fit the HKC GSM as it will give remote access to the alarm plus the zone description of alarm activation's, it will also send a verified text if a second device is activated.

altor wrote: »
    It wont be easy :D

I would rather fit the HKC GSM as it will give remote access to the alarm plus the zone description of alarm activation's, it will also send a verified text if a second device is activated.

I've asked about in Limerick, Best price for fitting included was 350eur.

I've asked about in Limerick, Best price for fitting included was 350eur.

Good price, I would go for that :D

Advertisement