Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I stick in a graphics Cards

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Budget solution:

Total build cost: €175.35 + €30 shipping
    ASRock 760GM-GS3, Sockel AM3, mATX €39.75
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W €41.31
    Sapphire HD6770 1G GDDR5 PCI-E HDMI / DVI-I / DP €94.29

Though spending a bit more to get a nice case as well mightn't be a bad idea:
    http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=43210&agid=631

How much RAM does that computer have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Haha, I think this is turning into a second computer.

Although I'd normally say to spend a bit on the motherboard to get the good features and future compatibility, that's probably a good choice of motherboard. Along with the price, you are more likely not to have to install windows again as both are 760G boards and windows 7 is pretty adaptable.
    One other board to take a look at would be the Asus M5A78L-M LX. It's pretty much the same thing but the extra €5 allows you to use the new AMD processors for upgrades down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Monotype wrote: »
    Haha, I think this is turning into a second computer.

Although I'd normally say to spend a bit on the motherboard to get the good features and future compatibility, that's probably a good choice of motherboard. Along with the price, you are more likely not to have to install windows again as both are 760G boards and windows 7 is pretty adaptable.
    One other board to take a look at would be the Asus M5A78L-M LX. It's pretty much the same thing but the extra €5 allows you to use the new AMD processors for upgrades down the road.

i think thats best root. that pc is very bottlenecked, so scavanging it for parts and biulding cheapish gaming pc is best root.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭zale

Wow really appreciate all the replies. Was away all week but ye guys were obviously busy :cool: all I need now is for one of ye to call round and install it. :)

I'll more than likely go with that suggestion deconduo with Monotypes mobo but it'll have to wait till after the Galway races, I'll need ever spare penny for that week.

Thanks again peoples

Advertisement