Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just a quick question

Options
  • 10-07-2011 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

So lets say i want to talk about something that has been talked about on boards before, do i make a new thread or drag up an old one?

A lot of times you make a new thread and it's closed because "the subject has been done to death"
    And if you bump an old thread it's closed because "please don't bump old threads"

Just a general question about something that i've noticed over the years! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

The general preference is for new threads to be started as opposed to zombie threads being resurrected. It gives boards users who may not have been members at the time the old thread was current an opportunity to have their say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement