Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2.1 system that fulfills all my needs ?

• 10-07-2011 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I am doing an attic conversion and for the master bedroom would like to use ceiling speakers near the bed so if I put up volume it will go up where I need it and not the other side of the room where the tv is hanging- bordering an another room.

Rather than buying all separates I was hoping to get a 2.1 home cinema set that has sound input connectors for the TV alternatively, I have HDMI running to the bedroom from the sky box so I could split it and use one end for sound and one end for vision.

Clearly the advantage being only one appliance, one remote. As I need a new DVD player anyway , seems like a win win.
    I have no need for superb high quality sound, just want to be able to watch telly or a movie. No need for iPod docks, the only other thing I would like is a built in media player for a USB device that can play most video formats..

Are there 2.1 systems that have input connectors for TV sound or HDMI ?
    The specs of the ceiling speakers mostly indicate max power of around 50-75 W. The 2.1 system I have looked at give a lot more (150W per channel)- will that be a problem- I have no intention whatsoever to put up the volume high , just enough to watch TV.

Ideally system will have a built in media player for USB storage that supports a lot of video formats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Give Exclusive Audio a call . 2.1 , 5.1 ,7.1 they do the lot. Boston Acoustic will probably be your solution as they do a nice 2.1 system. You might also consider the Bose 321 systems. Not sure on your budget but Bose would start about €700+ where as the Boston , Monitor Audio, Kef etc would be the early hundreds only. These guys are based out in Sandyford,Dublin, they know their stuff and are decent guys to deal with. Prices are very competitive

Advertisement