Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

clec 2011

• 10-07-2011 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

did anyone take part?

was disappointed with the mountain ike sections, pushing your bike up a hill wasnt what i was expecting, as not rideable

no marshalls either

came in at 6hrs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Mountain biking often involves getting off and either running or carrying your bike, I don't see a problem with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭C3PO

Mountain biking often involves getting off and either running or carrying your bike, I don't see a problem with it.

Is that not hill running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

There isn't supposed to be marshals either, you navigate yourself, it's an adventure race. Was it a triathlon you were expecting ? This race has a great reputation for its type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Peterx

Great great event as per always. Even better than usual water/bananas/fruit at all the run transitions, well marked, good choice of race formats, great food afterwards and trophies hand crafted from the branch that knocked out a course designer - talk about the personal touch!
    Johnny CLEC and team can be rightly proud of a great event.

The open MTB trails around Carlingford are a real treat with super mountain and sea views making a pleasant trail from monoculture Coillte forestry that we usually MTB in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭fat bloke

RPL1 wrote: »
    Is that not hill running?

I think you're allowed to carry any kind of sports equipment on your back. - Surfboard, Golf clubs etc. The smart lads use table tennis bats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭glennbhoy

Peterx wrote: »
    Great great event as per always. Even better than usual water/bananas/fruit at all the run transitions, well marked, good choice of race formats, great food afterwards and trophies hand crafted from the branch that knocked out a course designer - talk about the personal touch!
    Johnny CLEC and team can be rightly proud of a great event.

The open MTB trails around Carlingford are a real treat with super mountain and sea views making a pleasant trail from monoculture Coillte forestry that we usually MTB in.

many competitors i talked said they didnt know where to go and had to ask others for guidance, taking wrong turns due to poor road markings

The t shirts were crap as well

guess u did it before so knew the route

very poor compared to WAR or Mtb challenge in Loug derg

And lack of timing system????

stop clock and writing down the time ...thats poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭kayaksurfbum

glennbhoy wrote: »
    many competitors i talked said they didnt know where to go and had to ask others for guidance, taking wrong turns due to poor road markings

You navigate yourself. Thats what they give you a map for!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jsharks

@ glennbhoy.. i also raced yesterday and felt that everything was spot on....ok so maybe been from the area was an advantage but i found everything was well signposted..if any complaint maybe the heat didnt suit me...:) unless u r involved directly with 1 of these events u dont realise the amount of time and effort johnny and his crew put in to make it such an enjoyable day. the prep starts months back and even right up until start time they r runnin around tryin to make sure everything is spot on... i hope it doesnt put u off doing the event again next year . in the mean time there is another event " the cooley thriller" on 20th august which covers about 50k across the same mountains...pretty much same routes so plenty of practise for next year...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭glennbhoy

jsharks- hasnt put me off but know i know the course its all good for next year

for the others, unless you did it you cant really comment.

Running up some hill in middle of no where with the odd sign here and there, a very basic map is goign to be no use

whats was the point of stamping the map, you could stamp all boxes with oene stamp /or only one person go the whole way in the team comp like i saw on a couple of occassions ( i know only cheating themselves)

just think there is room for improvement and get the numbers it deserves

Eg, loads of competiters were wearing the war cycle jersey, free advertisng for them. no one will weat the clec t shirt except for painting or garden chores ;-)

Advertisement