Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I spy, with my little eye, in the sky

• 10-07-2011 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

does anyone know what the 2 black copters were doing circling our airspace creating a racket all day?!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Well I for one do not know. Have been seeing them flying around since midday just west of the centre.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

whoopdedoo wrote: »
    does anyone know what the 2 black copters were doing circling our airspace creating a racket all day?!
    It's the final scenes from Goodfellas all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Id say they were searching for this missing man. There is a thread about him just below this one , Rip.

http://www.galwaynews.ie/20396-gardai-discover-body-missing-oranmore-man

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Isn't it a 'family day' today at Galway airport to drum up public support to keep it taxpayer subsidised?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,687 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Robbo wrote: »
    It's the final scenes from Goodfellas all over again.

It's the Feds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

snubbleste wrote: »
    Isn't it a 'family day' today at Galway airport to drum up public support to keep it taxpayer subsidised?
    Not far wrong,free rides in a eurocopter for some lucky families.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

snubbleste wrote: »
    family day? we went there ,thought we might be able to see i side of a plane but no , cos i asked a thick talking chap if it was possable for my 8 year old who loves planes to have a look he said ''ahh noo not a chance lad'' now my lad doesnt cry but this twat put tears in his eyes, was so mad at him . then he wanted to go on the bouncey castles , guess what they were all deflated :mad:more dissapointed. went to see the hot air balloon going up. watched them putting it together etc, and nothing didnt go any where. then we went to see the old cars that was on display, a few people were taking foto,s of their kids inside them but after a while when it was our turn to have a go along comes this chap face like thunder closing all the doors cos we were not ment to have the kids just sitting in the front seats , thought we were aloud cos were saw other people do it. what a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,233 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

cats.life wrote: »
    family day? we went there ,thought we might be able to see i side of a plane but no , cos i asked a thick talking chap if it was possable for my 8 year old who loves planes to have a look he said ''ahh noo not a chance lad'' now my lad doesnt cry but this twat put tears in his eyes, was so mad at him . then he wanted to go on the bouncey castles , guess what they were all deflated :mad:more dissapointed. went to see the hot air balloon going up. watched them putting it together etc, and nothing didnt go any where. then we went to see the old cars that was on display, a few people were taking foto,s of their kids inside them but after a while when it was our turn to have a go along comes this chap face like thunder closing all the doors cos we were not ment to have the kids just sitting in the front seats , thought we were aloud cos were saw other people do it. what a day.
    Thought also stuck a feather in the ground and thought he could grow a hen.

Also, i knew id come on here and find the obligatory 'whats with the helicopters' thread.

Thought also stuck a feather in the ground and thought he could grow a hen.

Also, i knew id come on here and find the obligatory 'whats with the helicopters' thread.
    if your bord dont start picking at my post.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bruckey2345

Its the family day at the airport... i live beside it and they are in and out of it all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,233 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

if your bord dont start picking at my post.;)
    Im not bored but thanks for the concern. I was simply pointing out that just because other people do things that doesnt mean its right. Also sounds like the thing was a joke of a 'family day' from what you said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,719 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Looks like ye were there too early.
    The balloon did not appear to fly at all, I assume weather issues but the guys there gave lots of kids turns letting off the flame.
    All bouncy castles were operational (but with long queues) when we were there.
    The Coast Guard Helicopter was right in front of the bbq area giving a display and at around 16:00 Eddie Goggins(I think) gave a great display in his plane - I believe there were other planes up earlier. The choppers were flat out all day and in fairness I think there was plenty to do, although it looked a bit over subscribed - there were a serious amount of people there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭Storm 10

It was nice at the Airport, the guys with the balloon said it was too windy to go up where they were as it was a very confined space, the display aircraft were great but the star was the Coastguard Helicopter from Shannon, great display and chat with the crew, they were great with the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Bruckey2345

Was there actually free helicopter trips there today?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

did i hear shannon Coast Guard is around the city ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Just saw it landing at the hospital, still there engine running, must have had a call out, great service

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Was there actually free helicopter trips there today?

No. You had to pay. €35 for adults, €25 for children. €100 for family of 4.
    There was a number of draws and some people won helicopter trips,
    not sure of the detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭loser2old4board

Sorry you had a bad day. I enjoyed the day there but I am an adult and was on my own. It seems like you just hit it a bad time because families seemed
    to be having a lot of fun while I was there. There were helicopter trips which were maybe a little pricey. There a was viewing area out to the front of the building and really great display of a couple of small planes doing stunts. Also face paintings and bouncy castles which seemed to be doing a roaring trade but with a bit of a queue. Also a fire engine which the children were allowed into, with a longish queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

did anyone see several bright orange lights in the sky tonight from 23.10 to 23.20? very unusual. twice there was 2 together flying close, too close for planes. i counted 8 that i saw all disappeared behind a cloud and seemed to be ascending but was no sign of them exiting out of cloud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

'twas Gzus doing a fly by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Chinese Lanterns.

The Chinese, a great bunch of lads.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Only a ****ing black helicopters navigation lights in a low cloud! What is it with Galway people and the ****ing sky ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

haha so many threads about these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭karen89

ok folks! now i really dont want to frighten anyone, and you might get a shock, so i think you should make sure you are sitting down, glass of water beside you, emergency services on speed dial, contact all your loved ones and tell them how much you care about them, and ONLY when you have done all the above should you read any further...... I think, now I have no definate proof, but it might be possible, that maybe, perhaps, it could have been, a big ball of fire - generally seen in other countries - and its called, have you done all the above......... the sun!!! apparently it rises up in the morning and then goes down in the evening sometimes leaving an orange glow - dont worry though the chances are we wont see it at its worst/best!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 spiraleye

what was the deal with all the blooming helicopters in the ballybrit skies yesterday evening .... there was so many i might as well have painted an H on my friggin roof they were that close.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Its the aliens coming to get you get one of the below and you will be safe

tinfoilhat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Chicken1

Why dont you read the board before posting, your question is already answered a few posts down, it was Galway Airport Family day pleasure flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 spiraleye

Chicken1 wrote: »
    Why dont you read the board before posting, your question is already answered a few posts down, it was Galway Airport Family day pleasure flights.

wow , Get down from your high horse there Chicken1.... i didnt see it obviously.

• Advertisement

Sorry you had a bad day. I enjoyed the day there but I am an adult and was on my own. It seems like you just hit it a bad time because families seemed
    to be having a lot of fun while I was there. There were helicopter trips which were maybe a little pricey. There a was viewing area out to the front of the building and really great display of a couple of small planes doing stunts. Also face paintings and bouncy castles which seemed to be doing a roaring trade but with a bit of a queue. Also a fire engine which the children were allowed into, with a longish queue.
    yep we did go early cos we had to go to claregalway garden castle fest to show our suport , we were there at 1.30. the place was mobed (airport)all parked on dualcarriage. bit dodgey when you wanted to go back to car with cars whizzing by ya.anyway my lads only wanted to see the cockpit of an airoplane cos we see the planes every day flying by our house. im sure all had a good day after that. at least it didnt rain.

Advertisement