Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I spy, with my little eye, in the sky

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I live near the sea and I just saw a boat anyone know whats going on?
    Oh they were fishing

People are getting very paranoid about the sky god help us come race week!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Bazzy wrote: »
    People are getting very paranoid about the sky god help us come race week!:D

There were very few helicopters last race week.

Yesterday was seriously annoying with the noise. Would'nt be surprised if it actually causes people to not support the airport.

but sure its once in a blue moon that it happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

snubbleste wrote: »
    There were very few helicopters last race week.

Yesterday was seriously annoying with the noise. Would'nt be surprised if it actually causes people to not support the airport.

I fail to see how helicopters flying around would stop people supporting the airport, thats what happens at an airport and surrounding areas, how would you manage in London with jet aircraft every 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭kippy

cats.life wrote: »
    yep we did go early cos we had to go to claregalway garden castle fest to show our suport , we were there at 1.30. the place was mobed (airport)all parked on dualcarriage. bit dodgey when you wanted to go back to car with cars whizzing by ya.anyway my lads only wanted to see the cockpit of an airoplane cos we see the planes every day flying by our house. im sure all had a good day after that. at least it didnt rain.

I didnt see any cars parked on the dual carriageway/motorway, but plenty along the road to the airport where the limit was 60KPH.
    There was a park and ride from the race course but I heard that there werent nearly enough buses on to cope with demand.
    I think if it's only for a day or two a year people should let if go to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

THis is Galway people dont let things go they would give out about anything.

This website shows most of the flights around galway it wont always show the helicopters so tin foil hats at the ready

http://www.flightradar24.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Bazzy wrote: »
    This website shows most of the flights around galway it wont always show the helicopters so tin foil hats at the ready

http://www.flightradar24.com/

I dont think most of the flights near or around Galway are on that site. I thought only the larger aircraft carried the tracker needed for that site.

Advertisement