Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarmac Driveway quotes

Options
  • 10-07-2011 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi there,
    I am looking to get my driveway tarmacadamed.
    Thus far I have had three quotes.
    One for €2,100, another for €4,000 and the last one was €8,000
    My driveway is approximately 136m2 and the last person who quoted me said the job would be €62per metre.
    The quotes are so varied I wanted to find out if anyone has any recent experience in this.

I live in Dublin.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

With a job like this, I wouldn't take the cheap option. You would pay more in the long run. Maybe get one or two more quotes and take the middle option, for a good job, or the expensive option for a great job.

Difference in price is probably down to ****e or good materials, proper company [ VAT registered, insured etc].

DON'T go cheap.

Not a consumer issue, though. More a buyer beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Construction & Planning

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 46,128 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks dudara. I'll nudge it over to the Prices/costs sub forum

• Registered Users Posts: 46,128 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Patlyn wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I am looking to get my driveway tarmacadamed.
    Thus far I have had three quotes.
    One for €2,100, another for €4,000 and the last one was €8,000
    My driveway is approximately 136m2 and the last person who quoted me said the job would be €62per metre.
    The quotes are so varied I wanted to find out if anyone has any recent experience in this.

I live in Dublin.

Thanks
    €62/mtre2 is taking the proverbial. In my neck of the woods Id expect to be looking at around €25/30 per m2 but in Dublin I know its going to cost more.

As stated get another couple of quotes and then go to the guy with the lowest quote and ask how he can do it so cheap and then look for a few names/addresses where you can see his work first hand and ask questions about it.

Next thing to do is put a similar question to the guy with the highest quote asking how he can justify the quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Post up the spec's of each quote, as stated by Muffler €8000 is a bit extreme as is the €4000 quote, the quote could depend on a lot of issues ie, specification, access , excavation?, also post up some pics and we can help you out..

• Advertisement
Advertisement