Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sugesstions for a degree..

Options
  • 10-07-2011 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭

hey folks

never thought i would find myself on this forum :)

storey is, i'm leaving canada in 5 days after spending a year on a working visa here. i really love it here and its killing me i have to go home. if i had of had a skill or trade i could probably found a way to stay on....

so, im 35. i was thinking my only option now, seeing work is thin on the ground back home, is to get an education, albeit 20 years too late. i want to get a degree in something that would allow me to come back and work here in 4 or 5 years.

i would be interested in maybe something like engineering or electrician. having said that i would love to do english literature involved with something else, but i dont really think that would get me a job.

i know i have well missed it for sept 2011, so im thinking now of sept 2012. do you have to be on the dole for a certain length of time before applying as a mature student? and is there certain programmes which everyone seems to be going for and are best avoided?

any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Amber Lamps

ok so i've been researching online about the different colleges and programs they run. I was thinking of something like a combined degree like trinity have(TSM) in music and film studies. they say that applications have to be in by feb of the year you are wanting to attend. anythings that i should be doing in preparation for the application and interview?

Advertisement