Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Direct Debit After Finishing Tenancy

Options
  • 10-07-2011 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

A friend of mine here has asked me a question i can't answer.

She lived in a house over 6 months ago but finished the tenancy etc and moved to a new property in another county.

Anyway, just this week, she got a note from the bank that a direct debit had bounced on a payment to ESB. She rang them and found out it related to the house she left over 6 months ago.

Then on going through statements, she has realised that she paid the last 3 ESB bills for the current tenants.

Is there anything she can do to recoup this money and where would she begin?

Fwiw she rang the landlord and told her but landlord saying not her problem.

Advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Whose name is/was the account in?

Did she tell the ESB she was moving out?

In theory, the current occupants owe her and she needs to persue them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

She obviously never told the ESB she was moving out. Do so immediately, and they may be able to sort it out for her.

Advertisement