Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed line Broadband in Kenagh co Longford

Options
  • 10-07-2011 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi
    Can you please let us know when this exchange will be ready for bb roll out to the area ?
    I have spoken to several Eircom Engineers at the exchange who all say it is Enabled for BB. But noone in the area have so far been able to get it.
    It is a large village with a large population and the current provider (3)
    who provide wireless BB here provides a very bad service.

Any ideas on what timescale will be ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

mookishboy wrote: »
    Hi
    Can you please let us know when this exchange will be ready for bb roll out to the area ?
    I have spoken to several Eircom Engineers at the exchange who all say it is Enabled for BB. But noone in the area have so far been able to get it.
    It is a large village with a large population and the current provider (3)
    who provide wireless BB here provides a very bad service.

Any ideas on what timescale will be ?

Thanks

Hi mookishboy,

I spoke to the broadband roll-out team and I am afraid there is no indication Kenagh exhange in Co. Longford to be broaband enabled I'm afraid.

If or when the exchange is due to be enabled for broadband we will let you know.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

Why are frustrated customers required to come to this forum to find out this information. Why are call centre agents unable to tell customers whether or not an Exchange has been broadband enabled. I think its well past the time that public pressure was put on Eircom to publish a list of the Exchanges that have not and will not be broadband enabled. And please fire that incompetent, secretive and uncontactable " Roll out team".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

regress wrote: »
    Why are frustrated customers required to come to this forum to find out this information. Why are call centre agents unable to tell customers whether or not an Exchange has been broadband enabled. I think its well past the time that public pressure was put on Eircom to publish a list of the Exchanges that have not and will not be broadband enabled. And please fire that incompetent, secretive and uncontactable " Roll out team".

Hi regress
    my apologies if you were not advised if your exchange was broadband or NGN broadband enabled or likely to be in the near future. Agents should be able to advise of this.
    We also have a website that advises of all NGN broadband exchanges, those enabled and those to be enabled.
    No list exists of exchanges that will not be enabled so such a list is not available to agents.
    However if you wish any info on your exchange just PM me and I can advise you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭regress

Despite what you say agents do not seem to have this information. Could you please provide the following?

A full list of all Exchanges that are not enabled for basic broadband.

If you can't provide such a list, perhaps you could explain why Eircom is refusing to make this information publicly available. That's all. just a straightforward list of Exchanges that are not enabled for broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Take_Her_Handy

Well man, where in Keenagh are you, I'm down beside the school! Yea it is seriously annoying that a village this size hasn't been serviced properly when Barry down the road with its 20ish people is sorted! About 3 tho, they dont like to do much for you but you are eligible for the NBS broadband booster (Repeater) Now depending on where you are and what is blocking your view of Ardagh mountain where the mast supplying us is! Ardagh is off towards Kearneys pub out the road at O'Boyles! The right booster pointed in the right direction can yeild a fairly ok speed, ie; i'm on the Playstation network most days at all different times which requires a good enough connection and no hiccups! Well accept for between 6-11pm where everyone's online and the speed drops but youtube, facebook and general surfing is pretty good! Next thing about 3 is that if your best signal is in some awkward room and you don't want using it there all the time, you can get one of there wifi dongles which work by connecting themselves to the 3 network and putting a wifi signal through your house which coupled with the booster set up right = as good as your gonna get here! This is what i've got and i'm pretty happy with is accept for the 25gb download limit! If you have any questions pm me and i'll sort more out for ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

Living in Keenagh myself lads, Its like living in the past when Ericom cannot provide a simple service!

I feel your pain! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Ren2k7

Any update on bringing Kenagh into the 21st century or will we have to continue suffering with 3 "broadband"? There are smaller towns and villages with broadband but we get nothing. I've contacted TDs and ministers, as well as emailing Eircom but nothing has happened. I'm forced to use my mobile for internet. It's an absolute disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Ren2k7 wrote: »
    Any update on bringing Kenagh into the 21st century or will we have to continue suffering with 3 "broadband"? There are smaller towns and villages with broadband but we get nothing. I've contacted TDs and ministers, as well as emailing Eircom but nothing has happened. I'm forced to use my mobile for internet. It's an absolute disgrace.

Hi Ren2k7,

I have spoken to our broadband networks & roll out team. They have advised that at the moment there is no plans to enable the keenagh exchange in co. Longford for broadband I'm afraid.

They advised that there is not an escalation point or process in which eircom are addressing queries regarding enabling exchanges of bitstream broadband at this time.

I am very sorry I could not get back with better news or options.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Ren2k7

Eircom truly are a useless bunch, as are the previous government for selling them off in the first place. No wonder they went bust.

Time to re-nationalise the company and roll out broadband nationwide like what should have been done 10 years ago.

Coming up to 4 solid years later, and still NO Broadband in Keenagh! I am living here 6 years now
    spongbob wrote: »
    Living in Keenagh myself lads, Its like living in the past when Ericom cannot provide a simple service!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Coming up to 4 solid years later, and still NO Broadband in Keenagh! I am living here 6 years now

Hi Spongbob

There are plans to bring FTTH (fibre to the home) to Kenagh during the planned roll-out beginning in 2016 to predicted for completion in 2020.

This info can be found by following this map http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ - clicking on NGA fibre broadband network and checking the option for fibre services planned.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Spongbob

There are plans to bring FTTH (fibre to the home) to Kenagh during the planned roll-out beginning in 2016 to predicted for completion in 2020.

This info can be found by following this map http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ - clicking on NGA fibre broadband network and checking the option for fibre services planned.

Thanks
    Al
    and while-st super fiber broad band is available in ballymahon, and lanesboro 5miles from keenagh, we will have to wait another 4 years for that to be simply joined up?

This is ridiculous  , here 6 years now and told to wait another 4.  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Spongbob

Thanks
    Al
    and while-st super fiber broad band is available in ballymahon, and lanesboro 5miles from keenagh, we will have to wait another 4 years for that to be simply joined up?

This is ridiculous  , here 6 years now and told to wait another 4.  
    I genuinely understand your disappointment with this and I'm sorry we can't offer you better news spongbob

Al

Advertisement