Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deloitte grad program

Options
  • 10-07-2011 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I'm meant to be starting work for Deloitte in a couple weeks, before some of the other grad students so before the formal training. I was wondering could anyone give me an insight into if I am just going to be landed in it when I arrive.
    My position is analyst and I am meant to be doing a lot of Java and SQL programming they told me they needed java programmers especially.

Does anyone know will they provide me with a laptop or anything like that? I mean any kind of Perks for people that like us that enjoy crazy tech stuff or anything?

I know this could be in work and Jobs but I thought people with a bit more insight might be found here.

Thanks Folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Hey guys,
    I'm meant to be starting work for Deloitte in a couple weeks, before some of the other grad students so before the formal training. I was wondering could anyone give me an insight into if I am just going to be landed in it when I arrive.
    My position is analyst and I am meant to be doing a lot of Java and SQL programming they told me they needed java programmers especially.

Does anyone know will they provide me with a laptop or anything like that? I mean any kind of Perks for people that like us that enjoy crazy tech stuff or anything?

I know this could be in work and Jobs but I thought people with a bit more insight might be found here.

Thanks Folks!

Not with Deloitte myself, but am employed with a competitor. I think it's safe to say that you'll be given a laptop and anything else you might need to perform your job.

As to what you'll be tasked with; I'd say they'll take it that you are a novice programmer until you demonstrate otherwise...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Hey guys,

Thanks Folks!

That's a question for Deloitte to answer really, you could always phone up and ask. But seeing as you're a graduate I'd imagine you'll be doing a lot of training at first.

Advertisement