Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Kildare town

Options
  • 10-07-2011 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi I'm moving to kildare town with my girlfriend within the next six months because it's closer for work. We're both in our twenties. I'm looking for some advice on where to live and some feedback on what the town is like? Heading up in a couple of weeks. Are there good places for a night out, restaurants, gym? Anyone living there on boards? would you recommend it?
    Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Excellent restaurants with great early bird deals. Good decent pubs, great shopping in kildare outlet village, train station with plenty of train services to Dublin, galway, waterford and cork.
    Town can be a bit rowdy some nights, but not too bad. - mc lean property agents or mcwey property best for rental property - probaby best to avoid ruanbeg as its very much family oriented and just a little far out for walking home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

jacoleman wrote: »
    Hi I'm moving to kildare town with my girlfriend within the next six months because it's closer for work. We're both in our twenties. I'm looking for some advice on where to live and some feedback on what the town is like? Heading up in a couple of weeks. Are there good places for a night out, restaurants, gym? Anyone living there on boards? would you recommend it?
    Thanks in advance :)

Hi,
    Just wondering are you in Kildare town yet? I am in a similar situation as yourself. I may be moving there from dublin. !

How do you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Tintin8 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Just wondering are you in Kildare town yet? I am in a similar situation as yourself. I may be moving there from dublin. !

How do you find it?

Considering jacolemans post was July 2011 and he hasnt posted since you could be waiting for an answer!.
    I like Kildare town. I dont live there but i visit regularly enough. Locals are friendly and theres been quite an influx from Dublin and beyond over the last few years. There is a new tesco and the retail outlet is a 15 minute walk out of town. Pubs and restaurants are nice and there are regular enough connecting busses to places like Naas and Newbridge etc. Railway right on the doorstep is handy for commuting to Dublin so its not as far away as it might seem. It doesnt feel like a steeped rural town anymore and there are a lot of visitors that pass through on their way to and from the japanese gardens/national stud, the retail outlets and the Curragh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

The Dublin Coach is a great service too. It bring you from the Kildare Village retail outlet to Dublin City centre for €5, or to the airport for €10 each way. The airport service is hourly and 24 hours a day.

The restaurants are good too, although I've only been to 2 recently: Victoria House Chinese and The Silken Thomas. I was in the Victoria House at the weekend for a family do, and they were extremely friendly, and even gave nephew and 3 nieces presents as we were leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Don't pull up really old threads, please :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement