Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Mobile Data - help get rid of!!

Options
  • 10-07-2011 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been using Android smartphones and Vodafone for over a year but lately I've started getting a Vodafone Mobile Data information bar at the top of any pages I browse and it's really annoying. It's a red bar with the Vodafone logo on the left, "Mobile Internet" written in white across the red bar and three icons below the bar 1. a down arrow, 2. a house with "home" written underneath and 3. a screen/phone icon with "fit" written underneath.

Can anyone shed some light on this and advise me what alternative I have to being stuck with this??

Ben

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

edit the apn and take out the proxy settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Random wrote: »
    edit the apn and take out the proxy settings.

Thnaks Random, I thought it must be something to do with the APN but wasn't sure.

My APN is live.vodafone.com and the proxy setting is 10.24.59.100 port # 80. Do I just delete those numbers?

If I can can you tell me will it have any effect on performance (other than removing the bloody bar!) as I'm heading to France for a couple of weeks next week and don't want to come back to a big bill from Vodafone for not accessing data correctly while I'm over there.

Is there any benefit to using the isp.vodafone.ie APN instead? Would that mess up my billing?

Appreciate your expert input here Random.

Ben

take out the proxy ip (in this case 10.24.59.10) and remove the proxy port too. this should remove the bar for you and you shouldn't notice any other effect on your browsing in my experience.

assuming you're on prepay then you are better off to use the live.vodafone.com apn while you are roaming in my experience. rates and t&c here - http://www.vodafone.ie/planscosts/prepay/roaming/data/

Thanks Random,

I'll do that. Should I delete/amend any of the other settings?

MCC - 272
    MNC - 01
    Authentication type - PAP
    APN type - Internet

Ben

try it out after just removing the proxy ip/port. should be all you need to do.

• Advertisement

Worked a treat Random, cheers.

Advertisement