Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wtf is the story with all these greenfly?

• 10-07-2011 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

Around Sandycove, Dalkey and Killiney?

They were out last night and again tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,590 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I cut the grass and hedge yesterday and thought it was just my garden that was bad till I saw them all in the yacht cub too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I know all about the little fcukers, I ride a motorbike. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭blogga

Once upon a time there were just two greenfly left. A boy greenfly and a girl greenfly.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,518 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

nice weather = more insects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

nice weather = more insects

This isn't just a case of more insects, it is a swarm of them.

We had them in Sandycove and Dalkey on Sat and Sunday and on Saturday night I went to a BBQ in Seafield and that was swamped as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Playing tennis yesterday, I was covered in them every time I looked down at my tshirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Loads in Monkstown too.. 'lil blighters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

The house seems to be infested with moths too, and not the good kind. Does the heat bring those too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

there were a gazillion* of them out last night, I think I managed to swallow most of them on my cycle home, was horrific between Booterstown and the Metals up to Dalkey.

*might be a slight exaggeration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

When was the last time you saw ladybirds? I haven't seen any in the last couple of years and they eat.......greenfly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Lots of them in Blackrock too, they kept getting caught in my hair and everything!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Was covered in them after a cycle last week, needed to wear shades to keep them outta my eyes. I could'nt understand where they all came from! :confused:

Advertisement