Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Vaio: what's their customer service email address? (repairs needed)

Options
  • 10-07-2011 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Having an issue with a Sony Vaio. I need to contact Sony by email to get a repair done. The problem is, their email address isn't listed on their website. Instead, you have to fill out an online form; but when I do this, they tell me there's an error with my submission, so it won't go through. Unhelpfully, the website doesn't tell me what the submission error is, so I can't remedy it.

The problem with the Vaio, by the way, is the charger/power lead. It's fooked. No juice flowing through it to the machine. Anyone know of a good place to get a replacement?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

is there a green light on the charger? or is it a fault with the laptop itself?
    is there any warranty left?
    what model is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

No green light on charger. Model is PCG-7183M. I think the laptop itself is OK, though the battery is now flat so I can't turn it on for that reason.

It was bought in December 2009 from PC World, so I would hope there is still a warranty left, although I don't have the receipt anymore.

Warranty is out since December 2010 although i dont think the chargers are covered. You can pick up an original sony one from any sony store for about 150 quid last time i checked or a universal one from a electrical store like harvey normans or pc world for about 70.

I wouldn't bother trying to contact vaio support as its out of warranty and too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭HelpWithIT

Probably DC Jack that is gone, should only cost between €80 and €120 depending on what type jack is in it

Charger always light up when plugged in, even if not connected to a laptop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

TechPros in Tallaght and Lucan sell replacement chargers for €49. They should be able to get one for your Vaio.

Advertisement