Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenue Cheque (into BOI Account)

Options
  • 10-07-2011 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked before but it's a bit of an emergency.

I lodged a cheque from the revenue into my BOI account on friday. The woman in the bank said it would go in in a few hours.

However, I'm just back from the bank machine which told me my balance is €1100 but the ammount I could take out was only €100.

Have I been misinformed? When can I take out that money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Your waiting for the chq to clear.

It can take a few days for the chq to clear. You can go to your branch and ask for cahs over the counter, they may clear the chq quicker because it's a revenue chq.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Essentially, you need to wait for the funds to clear. They are currently sitting in a clearing account (by account, I mean accounting account, not banking account). They are assigned to you in name, but until the bank knows that the money is "good", they will not be fully released to you.

Advertisement