Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot Dog Lattice - anyone know where I can buy them ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

RachaelVO wrote: »
    Totally agree they are total mank!!! Very German/Dutch thing, a frunkfurter in pastry, with dipping sauces (usually mustard, mayonnaise and ketchup). Disgusting sh1te!!!!!!!!!

Have you actually tried one ? Taste and believe my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

The only way to get em would be to contact Cuisine de France or any of those supplier and buy by the box and freeze em. That's what a lot of the Deli's do.

Or get talking to the person who runs the kitchen in work and see if they'll sell ya a few uncooked.

Iceland in the Ilac centre stock a lot of that frozen pasty stuff so maybe try there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Ally Dick wrote: »
    There is only one problem with the lattices I get in the work canteen. They usually cremate them so they are drier than an Arab's flip flop. I dream of cooking my own one and eating it fresh from the oven. They shouldn't be any more cooked than in the original picture I posted, but the ones in the work canteen tend to have a black crust on them
    It wouldnt be hard to make them. All you need is some franks, pastry and mustard. You can buy ready made pastry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

They aren't just mustard, hotdog and flakey pastry, there's something sweet in them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Sarah Bear wrote: »
    cusine de france make them
    Yup, and they supply all the spar, centra, texaco, shell and who every else was named.
    Massed produced ****e
    Lumen wrote: »
    Pigs in blankets are sausages wrapped in bacon, surely.
    Over here yeah, but in the states pigs in blankets are sausage rolls, or a variant of
    CJhaughey wrote: »
    They aren't just mustard, hotdog and flakey pastry, there's something sweet in them as well.

Sweet mustard

• Advertisement
Advertisement