Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accidental Stalker Etiquette

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

There's not much you can do really except cross the road or slow down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

seanbmc wrote: »
    There's not much you can do really except cross the road or slow down.
    Yes ,then smile when you realise you both live in the same apartment block .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

You put your phone up to your ear and you speak loudly enough for her to hear and say "Howya? Yeah, I'm just home now. I'm already on ______ street so I'll only be a couple of minutes."

Or you get over it and just go the fuck home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Pretend she's Mario and you're one of the ghosts from Mario.

Looks like this (well, in ragecomic form):
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm47pgkVOR1qck752o1_500.jpg

Or you could just sing this tune fron My Fair Lady '' knowing I'm on the street where you live '' .That will make her run home as fast as she can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Years ago i was walking down a street in london during the day, minding my own business. I was stopped at a pedestrian crossing and it was my first time in the area so i was just looking around at the shops when i decided i wouldn't cross, instead i would walk down the street i was on, as i turned to walk away, a woman standing beside me (the only other person waiting to cross) turned in the same direction at the exact same moment. I didn't really pay much attention until a few minutes later when she looked over her shoulder (i was walking directed behind her) and gave me the worse "scared look" i've ever seen. I just continued straight past her and went into the nearest shop i seen.
    I stood in that shop for a good 5 minutes pretending i was looking at t-shirts, hopping she was far enough away.
    After enough time i figured i'd walk out of the shop and head back the direction i came, she was bound to be in the opposite direction. So i headed out of the shop and the coast seemed clear, i began to breath a sigh of relief until i turned the corner at the pedestrian crossing where i first ran into her and there she was. Standing about 20 yards directly in front in the direction i was walking. Shear panic set in, should i just turn and walk in a different direction or will that make me look worse, so i just continued walking with my head down and when i got a few yards closer, she seen me, and she turned and ran down the street as fast as i've seen anyone run.
    Of course i just turned and almost ran in the opposite direction. Its funny thinking about it now, but i'd say i was as scared as her in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Latchy wrote: »
    Or you could just sing this tune fron My Fair Lady '' knowing I'm on the street where you live '' .That will make her run home as fast as she can

I prefer to whistle the Omar tune. Puts 'em right at ease yo. (Trench coat optional but advised)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

You may aswell stalk her. No point in getting charged for something you haven't done.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

You put your phone up to your ear and you speak loudly enough for her to hear and say "Howya? Yeah, I'm just home now. I'm already on ______ street so I'll only be a couple of minutes."

That would be a good idea but what if your phone started ringing while you had it up to your ear telling some imaginary person that you're just home now??

The poor girl would be seriously freaked!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Happened to me up in Donegal a few years ago. At about 2 in the morning I was walking home from town, about half a mile out a main road, no footpath or anything. Mostly fields and feck all houses, no street lights etc. Some lass about 100metres in front of me the whole way, was sore tempted to yell at her that it was ok - I wasn't following her, & that one could see the lights of my house up ahead... but in the end opted not to. Dunno where she was heading to either - there's nothing much out beyond our gaf, and I can't imagine she'd have felt too comfortable when she looked back to find I'd disappeared up the driveway of our house. Poor lass.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Drop trou.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

most of the people in here maintaining an act to divert any accusation of stalking sound far creepier than any real stalker :P

Senna wrote: »
    Years ago i was walking down a street in london during the day, minding my own business. I was stopped at a pedestrian crossing and it was my first time in the area so i was just looking around at the shops when i decided i wouldn't cross, instead i would walk down the street i was on, as i turned to walk away, a woman standing beside me (the only other person waiting to cross) turned in the same direction at the exact same moment. I didn't really pay much attention until a few minutes later when she looked over her shoulder (i was walking directed behind her) and gave me the worse "scared look" i've ever seen. I just continued straight past her and went into the nearest shop i seen.
    I stood in that shop for a good 5 minutes pretending i was looking at t-shirts, hopping she was far enough away.
    After enough time i figured i'd walk out of the shop and head back the direction i came, she was bound to be in the opposite direction. So i headed out of the shop and the coast seemed clear, i began to breath a sigh of relief until i turned the corner at the pedestrian crossing where i first ran into her and there she was. Standing about 20 yards directly in front in the direction i was walking. Shear panic set in, should i just turn and walk in a different direction or will that make me look worse, so i just continued walking with my head down and when i got a few yards closer, she seen me, and she turned and ran down the street as fast as i've seen anyone run.
    Of course i just turned and almost ran in the opposite direction. Its funny thinking about it now, but i'd say i was as scared as her in the end.
    ^ Sounds like a scene from a Woody Allen movie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Ask her out ffs:D

No............Don't!

Did something similar in Greece a while back. Ended up with her stalking me in the bar the next night...literally peering around corners smirking at me!

Crazy bitch was into crystal healing and all sorts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

mconigol wrote: »
    No............Don't!

Did something similar in Greece a while back. Ended up with her stalking me in the bar the next night...literally peering around corners smirking at me!

Crazy bitch was into crystal healing and all sorts!

We've done the whole asking girl out thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Latchy wrote: »
    Yes ,then smile when you realise you both live in the same apartment block .

A disturbing, creepy smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Stop smelling her hair.
    That wouldve creeped her out in fairness.

A disturbing, creepy smile.
    Is there any other kind ? .You've done this before

• Registered Users Posts: 15,360 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I just mess with my Ipod if i find myself in this situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I was smoking on the street when an aul dear walked past me into an alleyway. The cold breeze started to pick up so I moved into the alleyway and stopped just as she looked over her shoulder at me. I then went to move further up as I was still feeling to cold and stopped again just as she looked at me.

All 70 odd years of her began running out of the alleyway thinking she was about to be mugged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I was on a train one night and was going to head to my local when i heard 2 girls across from me talking about heading to the same pub
    The route to the pub from the train was down a narrow quiet laneway so i thought it would be weird for me to get off at the same stop and start following them down the same laneway so i decided i would go a different route so i legged it across the train tracks heading the alternative route when i get stopped by the train security asking for my id which i didn't "have" on me
    funny thing is if i had gone the alleyway route they wouldn't have got me, see what consideration does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Wolflikeme

You should've started panting and barking....for the craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭DexyDrain

I think in such circumstances you are required to shout from a safe distance: "I think you're boring and I don't drink coffee, have a restful evening."

Advertisement