Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garlic (Irish) where to get it?

Options
  • 10-07-2011 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where Irish grown garlic can be got? Have been searching but all the supermarkets seem to only have Chinese garlic on sale. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

maringo wrote: »
    Anyone know where Irish grown garlic can be got? Have been searching but all the supermarkets seem to only have Chinese garlic on sale. :confused:

No one grows it commercially here thats why, you might be able to source some organic Irish garlic at farmers markets but the majority of conventionally grown Garlic sold in Ireland is from China or Spain. Its actually a quite easy veg to grow in the garden but the storage quality isn't so good due to the wetter Irish climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Thanks Corsendonk. I planted some garlic bulbs that I bought in homebase or woodies but its not really doing very well compared to me shallots. I'll keep me eye out for it at the farmers markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Begs

Update - There are now a few commercial growers now in Ireland. SuperValu is now stocking Irish garlic in certain stores.

Check out www.garlic.ie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Thanks for that Begs but this thread is way too old to be revived.
    Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement