Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building an Investment

Options
  • 11-07-2011 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

I want to build a small chalet at the side of my house, where my home-house and is now a shed.

I want to rent this house/ chalet out to tenants, 2 bed rooms, a small kitchen, 1 toilet, and a small living room.

Could I built this for 15,000 euros?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

You will find it harder to get planning permission for that type of development than do it for E15k!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

In a word: no.

At least, not to a standard that anyone would stay in it.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

How much would it cost to build a very small 2 bedroom bunglow then ?

If I was to built a shed and turn it into a two bedroom house?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,645 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

investment wrote: »
    How much would it cost to build a very small 2 bedroom bunglow then ?

If I was to built a shed and turn it into a two bedroom house?

stop thinking about costs....

start thinking about the chances of being allowed to do this...

if it was easy to do, dont you think a lot of people would already be doing it?

if this is an urban situation the a new dwelling will have many requirements including minimum site areas, minimum plot ratios, private open area, car parking, proper access etc. generally this cannot be accommodated on the site of an existing dwelling unless theres loads of space. speak to a professional about the chances.

if this is a rural situation the the chances are much less. rural houses have strict requirement including local needs, minimum site areas, effluent disposal etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

sydthebeat wrote: »
    stop thinking about costs....

start thinking about the chances of being allowed to do this...

if it was easy to do, dont you think a lot of people would already be doing it?

if this is an urban situation the a new dwelling will have many requirements including minimum site areas, minimum plot ratios, private open area, car parking, proper access etc. generally this cannot be accommodated on the site of an existing dwelling unless theres loads of space. speak to a professional about the chances.

if this is a rural situation the the chances are much less. rural houses have strict requirement including local needs, minimum site areas, effluent disposal etc.

My neighbour made a shed and turned it into a house for rent and he mades 400 euros a month from it

I'm in a rural setting with lots of frontage, The cost is very important to me as It will be an investment.

• Advertisement

investment wrote: »
    My neighbour made a shed and turned it into a house for rent and he mades 400 euros a month from it

I'm in a rural setting with lots of frontage, The cost is very important to me as It will be an investment.

if he got planning permission for this, then fair dues to him.

again the advice would be to contact a local planning professional ie an architect or an architectural technician for a quick consultation, they will steer you right. the next step would probably be a pre planning meeting with the area planner who will outline what issues you may face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mistermister

*edit*

you are implicitly suggesting breaking planning law.

banned for 2 weeks

regards

syd

ok, this thread has stepped outside forum rules... specifically
    "6.0 Respect the law

6.1 Any thread/post that is looking for ways to get around the planning process, or building regulations, or any other statutory legislation, or advising somebody to ignore these legislations and regulations, will be deleted and the poster will be banned indefinitely.

6.2 All genuine planning queries can be debated providing legal advice is not being sought. Comments on grounds for objections and appeals are acceptable providing they conform to the above.

6.3 Whilst the planning process, including the legalities involved may be discussed in full, please note that seeking or imparting legal advice may result in a ban.

one poster has already been banned and some other posts are dangerously close to the bone.

Therefore i am going to remove these posts above with apologies to the posters...

• Registered Users Posts: 46,128 ✭✭✭✭muffler

@ investment - sydthebeat is not currently logged in so Im dealing with this for now.

The relevant part of the forum charter has been quoted above. From reading your posts (including those that have been deleted) a lot of what you are posting is in breach of the charter. We are not prepared to allow discussion on the cost of a project when you have clearly stated that planning permission is of no interest to you.

Accordingly I am locking this thread for your own benefit and that of others as its a train wreck as it stands.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement