Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pgrad technology education ul

• 11-07-2011 2:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hi

I intend doing a certain wood technology degree which is not on the post primary teaching council list.

It is however recognised to fo the P.Grad Dip. in technology education in ul, i know this as i contacted the course directer.

The P.Grad in technology education in ul is recognised by the teaching council.

If i do my degree in wood technology and then the p.grad dip in technology education will i be qualifed to teach because my degree isnt recognised by the teaching council but my p.grad dip in technology education in ul would be recognised

thanks

tommy~kerry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Art Teacher

The best thing is to ring the teaching council and ask them directly, then at least you can be sure that you are getting correct advice. Are you sure that the degree course is not acceptable ? Here is a link to subject specific criteria http://www.teachingcouncil.ie/_fileupload/Registration/General_and_Special_Requirements_for_Degree_Recognition_June2011%2053901607.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

The post grad qualifies you to be a teacher. The degree qualifies you in a particular subject. Your degree needs to be recongised by the Teaching Council. Doesn't matter what postgrad you've done, if your degree is not on the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 pmonster

The post grad qualifies you to be a teacher. The degree qualifies you in a particular subject. Your degree needs to be recongised by the Teaching Council. Doesn't matter what postgrad you've done, if your degree is not on the list.

this is usually the way for most h dips but not this one. im in this course and it does recognise you to teach woodwork and tech graph. the problem is there are only 16 places in this course and a lot of people apply every yr. there are 3 this yr from wood science in it

pmonster wrote: »
    this is usually the way for most h dips but not this one. im in this course and it does recognise you to teach woodwork and tech graph. the problem is there are only 16 places in this course and a lot of people apply every yr. there are 3 this yr from wood science in it

Ya I realise that, but it's the same as the Art PGDE offered by the art colleges qualifying you to teach art. It's the only way of getting qualified in that subject, but you still have to have a degree that's recognised by the TC at the end of the day.

This course will enable you to teach wood and tech graph but the TC won't care if you don't have the relevant degree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

Hey,

Thanks for the replies guys, I emailed the teaching council and the reply I got was in my favor, the reply is as follows....

Thank you for your email query. The University of Limerick are actually the gatekeepers onto the Graduate Diploma in Education (Technology) course. In other words if they accept you onto this course having completed your degree the Council will subsequently register you following Garda Clearance etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Art Teacher

Thats great news! Well done.

Hey,

Thanks for the replies guys, I emailed the teaching council and the reply I got was in my favor, the reply is as follows....

Thank you for your email query. The University of Limerick are actually the gatekeepers onto the Graduate Diploma in Education (Technology) course. In other words if they accept you onto this course having completed your degree the Council will subsequently register you following Garda Clearance etc.

Keep that email just in case you have any hassle with them in the future. You may want it as proof!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

Keep that email just in case you have any hassle with them in the future. You may want it as proof!

Will do thanks :) I just hope ill get offered a place on the degree now ..!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Knucklebreaker

Is it very small class, 16 would seem very small.

Any advice for bench work test?

Advertisement