Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Laptop in Melbourne or Thailand?

Options
  • 11-07-2011 3:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hello, Im on my to Melbourne, getting there the end of this month. I am travelling through SE Asia. I was wondering would people recommend picking up a laptop in Bangkok or waiting until I get to OZ? I have been to OZ earlier this year and I know how expensive it is, esp if you are bringing euro over. Downside is that warranty could be a problem is somehting goes wrong and I buy it in bangkok.

I Want to get something fairly decent, willing to spend equivalent or 700 euros. But what this will get me in Melbourne as opposed to Bangkok is what I am not sure of.

Anyone have any ideas. Thanks for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Why not buy in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Not sure how prices compare with the two countries, but if your planning on doing some travelling in oz just go for a netbook, laptops r too heavy, you'd get a decent one for 400 dollars or less in JB HI FI.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

If you are buying solely for use on your travels buy a netbook. Laptops weigh a tonne, add on the power supply and possibly a plug converter thing to use in many countries it'll weigh your bags down a bit.
    I second Zambia in saying why not buy it in Ireland? You are likely to get better value for money in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭coldpaw

thanks for the responses. Not in Ireland anymore. Wont really be travelling once I get to oz and want something decent so that is why i am looking for a laptop versus a notebook. Plus I want someything that can play shogun total war 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

Just buy in in Oz. 700 sheets (about 1000 aussie sheets!) should get you a decent laptop. Also, it will have an Australian plug, so no adapter needed! 13" macbook pro is about $1400. not a whole lot more for a savage piece of kit! 13" screen not great for games though

Advertisement