Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fruit picking - do you know where?

Options
  • 11-07-2011 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

My lad went off with his friends this morning to start raspberry picking out by Dunmore on the Castlecomer road but the owner said that the harvest was too bad this year and that it's off.

Would any of you know somewhere else they could try within a reasonable bike ride of the city?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Sorry I don't have any info for you but I just have to comment that your boards name really suited your post!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

God be with the days eh? Picking strawberrys and raspberrys under the watery June and July sun until you garner enough money for a ten box of carrols and then cash in and clock out and head into town with six of your mates to a remote corner of the castle park to smoke them all (the cigarettes, not your mates).

You might even get the shift if you're lucky.

(I have nothing constructive to add either)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Looks like I'll have to start him on a life of crime so. :D

All the good youth employment schemes are gone... chimney cleaning, down t'pit, woollen mills. I blame the successive crap governments this country has had. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Looks like I'll have to start him on a life of crime so. :D

All the good youth employment schemes are gone... chimney cleaning, down t'pit, woollen mills. I blame the successive crap governments this country has had. :mad:
    Get him onto a locksmith course so!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

All he needs is a jun key or a pie key. They open all doors:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Seemingly the locksmiths course is the quickest certified training route for a skills visa for a lot of countries.

Better picking locks than fruit I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

catbear wrote: »
    Seemingly the locksmiths course is the quickest certified training route for a skills visa for a lot of countries.

Better picking locks than fruit I think.
    Two or three weeks, my father was banging on to me about doing it. Getting to the stage where I'm seriously considering it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

And where would someone do that course?

Lock up your flat screens.... :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

Try your local farmers - they may want some thistles cut or weeding done

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I remember back in the day there were kids that used to pull the wild oats out of corn fields out in Calder-Potts place on the Callan road. That's years ago though.

Awful monotonous work, but if your son enjoys getting baked he might like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

My lad went off with his friends this morning to start raspberry picking out by Dunmore on the Castlecomer road but the owner said that the harvest was too bad this year and that it's off.

Would any of you know somewhere else they could try within a reasonable bike ride of the city?

I thought this year would have been drier and sunnier than many a previous summer myself tbh?

Advertisement