Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any group cycles around ratoath Ashbourne area

Options
  • 11-07-2011 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Looking to start getting out with a group. Was just wondering was there any in this area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I go out with a group from Dunshaughlin from time to time. They are just a group of friends but some of the guys are from a local club around there somewhere. Can't for the life of me remember the name though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

I set out from Dunshaughlin when home from Dublin at the weekends, usually by myself though.

Came across a group call 'Ratoath Wheelers' on a local newsletter last week.
    Been meaning to give them a call. Maybe Google them or see if you can see their contact info on any local press / newsletters etc. I'm sure somebody in the community centre might have a contact either. They sound pretty informal informal / leisure focused however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Swords Cycling Club meet on Saturday mornings at Blakes Cross at 8.30am if that's not too far for yoo. They do about a 75k loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Swords Cycling Club meet on Saturday mornings at Blakes Cross at 8.30am if that's not too far for yoo. They do about a 75k loop.

Also 9.15am Saturdays from Swords (Lord Mayor's pub) for a slower pace than the 8.30 group. Usually 70km-100km at about 25km/h.
    Choice of 2 groups at 9am on Sundays from the same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Ratoath Free Wheelers

Details:
    Informal cycling club

Tel: 087 6209097

quick google search found this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭georgieM

Thanks for the all the reply s lads will the ratoath crowd a try

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

but that's all road cycling. are there any offroad / mixed tracks anywhere near Ashbourne? clocking straight road miles is just too boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

birchtree wrote: »
    but that's all road cycling. are there any offroad / mixed tracks anywhere near Ashbourne? clocking straight road miles is just too boring.

Get yourself a BMX and join Ratoath BMX Club but then again that's just going around in circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭birchtree

Vélo wrote: »
    Get yourself a BMX and join Ratoath BMX Club but then again that's just going around in circles.
    my BMI is a bit too high for BMX!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Arnold54321

Sorry to drag up this thread but I wonder have Ashbourne an active club? I'm more on the triathlon side of things but joining a cycling club would equally be as good. A sociable club even better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Sorry to drag up this thread but I wonder have Ashbourne an active club? I'm more on the triathlon side of things but joining a cycling club would equally be as good. A sociable club even better!
    There's Ash Burners. I believe their weekend spins start at 8:30 / 10:00 from the retail park - https://www.facebook.com/AshBurnersCycleClub/

I don't think they have racers, more leisure focused. Have a look at the Cycling Ireland club locator for clubs nearby (Ratoath Wheelers, Swords CC, etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

There is a very good club called Yellow furze road club that has three groups out at the weekend. Also skryne have a club.

Advertisement