Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

giant swarm of flies

• 11-07-2011 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

I was sitting out by back garden smokin a fag when all of a sudden I heard this really really loud buzzing noise. looked up to see a HUGE swarm of flies!!!! there must have been thousands of them!!:eek::eek::eek:

has anyone else seen this?? I live out on the dunmore road btw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Saw it with bees a couple of weeks ago out that direction too. The noise was unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭SirenX

the noise was so scary!!!

being the girl I am I just sh@t a brick and ran inside the house to close all the windows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

SirenX wrote: »
    I was sitting out by back garden smokin a fag when all of a sudden I heard this really really loud buzzing noise. looked up to see a HUGE swarm of flies!!!! there must have been thousands of them!!:eek::eek::eek:

Are you sure they were flies? Bees swarm around this time of year.

Was it just a cigarette that you were smoking??;)

bees do that??? did not know that! never seen anything like it before bar the odd documentary!

and yes *sigh* is was just tobacco :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭blaa85

:eek: I'm not leaving the house for a while. That is messed up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jemser

Flies have to be the most pointless and annoying creatures in the animal kingdom,what is the point of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

jemser wrote: »
    Flies have to be the most pointless and annoying creatures in the animal kingdom,what is the point of them?

The sense of satisfaction when they get zapped by those electrocution neon thingys.

food I s'pose

yea CardBordWindow only thiese flies weren't stickin around, they litterally flew over the house, clearly they had somewhere to be

food I s'pose

yea CardBordWindow only thiese flies weren't stickin around, they litterally flew over the house, clearly they had somewhere to be
    They'll fly a good distance from the hive before settling. They obviously weren't settling near you so.

They don't like smokers! :D

• Advertisement

They don't like smokers!

yaaaaaaay

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Nobody likes smokers...they smell like ashtrays!

I heard the K Team were training swarms of locusts for release during games next year. Heard they had them trained to attack the blue shirts but hadn't figured out how to get them back in the bag after so. Costing em a fortune to import em from Libya for every training session but look out once they figure out the back in the bag piece. Those swarms ye saw were just the beginning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I remember when I was a kid out playing the same thing happened to us. they flew right over us, was a mad experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

jemser wrote: »

Flies, like blue bottles are natures cleaners. Also act as pollinators.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Has to be bees. Bees stay together as a unit never heard of flies doing the same when moving home.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

BadCharlie wrote: »
    Has to be bees. Bees stay together as a unit never heard of flies doing the same when moving home.

Course it is...they are black and yellow, no?

chelloveks wrote: »
    Course it is...they are black and yellow, no?
    More brown and dark yellow. Wasps have the definitive black and yellow stripes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,691 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Flies tell all those clever CSI people how long bodies have been dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Lets not panc anyway!

Kent Brockman: Hordes of panicky people seem to be evacuating the town for some unknown reason. Professor, without knowing precisely what the danger is, would you say it's time for our viewers to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside?

Professor: Yes I would, Kent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭No1J

Had it happen to me 2-3 times years ago in Kerry during the summer in the evening time, huge amount of flies all over you for a few seconds but would head off back to the swarm. Also swarms of flying ants known as pismires.

• Advertisement
Advertisement