Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

painted messages on silage bales

• 11-07-2011 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭

What is the funniest message you have ever seen wrote/painted on silage bales :rolleyes:

The OH just sent me a pic of "feck off crows" that she has actually painted over the bales this morning.:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The "feck off crows" message has been around as long as bales have been made. Does paint even keep crows off bales?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

probably not. to tell you the truth she is a teacher and decided she wanted to get out for a while today. I see some farers with baler twine suspended over the bales with plastic bags tided out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Sam Kade wrote: »
    The "feck off crows" message has been around as long as bales have been made. Does paint even keep crows off bales?
    The paint doesn't, but the message does! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Someone posted a photo in the Nort hCo Dub forum of a field with loose black sillage bales with different colours and numbers painted on them so from a distance it looked like a giiant pool game. Smart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

Saw bales in Waterford las week, with a message to the effect that Waterford would beat Tipperary:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Tora Bora wrote: »
    Saw bales in Waterford las week, with a message to the effect that Waterford would beat Tipperary:rolleyes:

Those blah's don't half be dreaming sometimes!!

Com'on the premier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

A lad around here was labouring there for an oul farmer a few years ago. Just after bringing in 100 bales or so wrapped.

Gives him a bucket a paint and a brush and tells him to write on every single bale
    "Hey Crows"

Your man went back to him when he was done, oul lad says
    'now write "**** OFF" underneath'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Tora Bora wrote: »

this week's will read "f*** off DAVY"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

snowman707 wrote: »
    this week's will read "f*** off DAVY"

:D:D:D The thing is .................. our bales up here in Clare are saying the same thing :P:P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

What is the funniest message you have ever seen wrote/painted on silage bales :rolleyes:

The OH just sent me a pic of "feck off crows" that she has actually painted over the bales this morning.:cool:

A few years ago we had our bales in a field just inside of a blind corner, most eye catching place to put them.
    So of course we had to write........Hey....Hey you.....TRUCK!
    Made us laugh no end seeing some drivers swerve.:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Fu*k AIB

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Save our A&E!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Outside Templemore last September: Five in a row my Ar$e :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭BalingMad

"I have a gun" and " bang bang"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

i wounder if you had camoflage coloured plastic would the crows see the bales.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

a knob of grease on every bale.crows hate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I presume the knob of grease would be spread all over it?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭moll3

down by me d bales read UP LIMERICK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭roosky

i seen GLEE ROCK ......its clear that ear to the ground has been away for too long!!!

Advertisement