Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North from Midleton?

Options
  • 11-07-2011 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I had planned for a cycle yesterday which would take me north out of Midleton along the R626 as far as Rathcormac and back. However, about 5km from Midleton, there were bollards across half the road and signs up about the road being closed. I didn't want to chance it, so turned around, but can anyone tell me what's going on - could I have got through on my bike? A lot of cars seemed to be going through the bollards, but I thought they might be for local access?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Tonio

I go up there quite a bit on my bike but haven't been up there in about two weeks. Last year the road was closed for a few weeks for tree felling. Not sure what they are doing this time.

Where does the closure begin? Is it after the left turn to Leamlara?

My usual spin takes me to Leamlara and on to Watergrasshill, Old N8 to just before Rathcormac and back to Midleton via Lisgoold (or via Conna and Tallow if I am feeling energetic).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

According to the County Council website it's closed for tree felling.

Anyway, the Cork County forum is that way
    > Cork County forum

:D;):p:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

rcdk1 wrote: »
    Anyway, the Cork County forum is that way
    > Cork County forum

:D;):p:pac:
    Meh, nobody ever goes there :p. Tree felling sounds right, thanks folks and thanks for the link, have bookmarked it for the future jic

corblimey wrote: »
    Meh, nobody ever goes there :p.
    True
    166824.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

corblimey wrote: »
    Meh, nobody ever goes there :p.
    That's because we are all too busy discussing Science, Politics, Philosophy, Arts etc..... over in the respective fora. :p

Advertisement