Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a Heart Chakra

• 11-07-2011 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Guys,

My reiki practitioner advised me that my Heart Chakra is closed and she was unable to open it during the session. Just wondering has anyone any exercises they do to open theirs. She advised that she could have spent the whole hour just working on this area but that I could have spent the next 3 days crying. I'm thinking of booking another session and asking maybe if she just works on my heart chakra and if I cry for 3 days I cry for 3 days. Maybe I could do it on a Friday so I can hibernate for the weekend if needs be. Any advice/suggestions greatly appreciated ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Danniboo wrote: »
    Guys,

My reiki practitioner advised me that my Heart Chakra is closed and she was unable to open it during the session. Just wondering has anyone any exercises they do to open theirs. She advised that she could have spent the whole hour just working on this area but that I could have spent the next 3 days crying. I'm thinking of booking another session and asking maybe if she just works on my heart chakra and if I cry for 3 days I cry for 3 days. Maybe I could do it on a Friday so I can hibernate for the weekend if needs be. Any advice/suggestions greatly appreciated ;)

The best advice that can be given to you Danniboo would be to sit a Reiki workshop. A reiki session will only activate your Heart Chakra, while an attunement will open your shushumna and open your Heart Chakra.

For the past 8 years my main focus has been on the Heart. From my very first reiki attunement with Padmacahaya on to the Master Yoga program and Open Heart program the emphasis is on Heart, as Heart is the center of feelings. However every time we have negative emotion we accumulate negativity around the Heart which blocks the Heart from being open to Divine Love, and the real question is how many times in the past week have you had a negative emotion?

As the Heart is the key to your connection to the Divine Source (source of Love&Light), it is important to keep your Heart clean and free from negativities so your connection to the Divine Source can be more beautiful.

In the last thread there is a link shared with the Open-Your-Heart.org.uk site, you can scroll through that site and there is a meditation you can listen to which will help remove all the negativities around the Heart and help the process to awaken your Heart. :)<3

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AngelLight

Hi Danniboo. Once many years ago I was told my heart chakra was too open and I should close it down! This person effectively got me to close my heart energy and the result was absolutely horrible as I felt numb of anything on an emotional level. I knew this wasn't right and spent some time reopening and aligning my heart energy again. You will know if your heart chakra is closed because you will have no feelings of love for yourself or others and this can be distressing for those in your life who genuinely love you.

It is not difficult to open your heart chakra, but can be an emotional experience, which is why you should seek someone who is loving and gentle and works with energy on a regular basis. I advise people to trust your gut instinct when it comes to choosing someone to teach you or guide you on a spiritual path as there are many out there who aren't all what they first appear to be. To begin the heart opening process sit quietly with some gentle music playing and allow a flame of light to burn within your heart and recall a time in your life where you felt unconditional love and allow that feeling to fill your being or to a level you feel comfortable with. Be gentle on yourself and know that you are more than capable of holding love in your heart. I hope my reply has helped in some small way. If you want further guidance then please pm me here.

Blessings
    xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

AngelLight wrote: »
    Hi Danniboo. Once many years ago I was told my heart chakra was too open and I should close it down! This person effectively got me to close my heart energy and the result was absolutely horrible as I felt numb of anything on an emotional level. I knew this wasn't right and spent some time reopening and aligning my heart energy again. You will know if your heart chakra is closed because you will have no feelings of love for yourself or others and this can be distressing for those in your life who genuinely love you.

It is not difficult to open your heart chakra, but can be an emotional experience, which is why you should seek someone who is loving and gentle and works with energy on a regular basis. I advise people to trust your gut instinct when it comes to choosing someone to teach you or guide you on a spiritual path as there are many out there who aren't all what they first appear to be. To begin the heart opening process sit quietly with some gentle music playing and allow a flame of light to burn within your heart and recall a time in your life where you felt unconditional love and allow that feeling to fill your being or to a level you feel comfortable with. Be gentle on yourself and know that you are more than capable of holding love in your heart. I hope my reply has helped in some small way. If you want further guidance then please pm me here.

Blessings
    xx

Hi, thanks for your reply. I can totally relate to the "numb" feeling. I get up and go through the motions of the day but for a while now i've felt like i've lost my mojo or something, like each day is empty there's very little joy or love in each day. Sorry i'm probably not explaining it very well. I trust the person who does my reiki otherwise I wouldn't have returned to her. Is it a bad idea to ask her to spend the whole session on my heart chakra and risk being an emotional wreck for days?

Hi Danniboo,
    Forgive my late reply it's been a busy week for me. I think if you wish to spend a complete session on your heart chakra that is your choice and you should listen to your gut instinct on it and go with it.

It feels horrible when we lose our mojo in life and want to withdraw emotionally. Think back to when this feeling or lack of feeling first was apparent to you. Did something occur to cause this? Perhaps something was said? You can acknowledge whatever it was, as your reiki facilitator works on your heart chakra and this will enable that energy to be healed and released. Hope you feel better soon and do please let us know how you get on. I will add you to my absent healing list if you'd like?

Blessings
    AngelLight

Hi Danniboo,
    Forgive my late reply it's been a busy week for me. I think if you wish to spend a complete session on your heart chakra that is your choice and you should listen to your gut instinct on it and go with it.

It feels horrible when we lose our mojo in life and want to withdraw emotionally. Think back to when this feeling or lack of feeling first was apparent to you. Did something occur to cause this? Perhaps something was said? You can acknowledge whatever it was, as your reiki facilitator works on your heart chakra and this will enable that energy to be healed and released. Hope you feel better soon and do please let us know how you get on. I will add you to my absent healing list if you'd like?

Blessings
    AngelLight

Thanks AngelLight,

Think i'm gonna book another reiki session soon. Lets just say i've had a rough time of it over the last few years. Absent healing? Is that the reiki practice where the person doesn't have to be present?

• Advertisement

Hi Danniboo,
    Absent healing is in all healing modalities not just Reiki. I've used absent healing in Integrated Energy Therapy and Magnified Healing. I simply focus on sending healing energy to the person wishing to receive it. It's non-invasive and very effective too.

Magnified Healing is working with the Three Fold Flame of the Heart and I've found it to be a wonderful energy to send absently. Yes, it means the person doesn't have to be present. :)

Blessings
    AngelLIght

Hi Danniboo,
    Absent healing is in all healing modalities not just Reiki. I've used absent healing in Integrated Energy Therapy and Magnified Healing. I simply focus on sending healing energy to the person wishing to receive it. It's non-invasive and very effective too.

Magnified Healing is working with the Three Fold Flame of the Heart and I've found it to be a wonderful energy to send absently. Yes, it means the person doesn't have to be present. :)

Blessings
    AngelLIght

Awh thanks so much that would be lovely i'd really appreciate it xxx :o

Your most welcome Danniboo. I spend twenty minutes every day doing absent healing so am happy to add you to the list. It will also support you as you go through a heart opening or as I like to call it a reawakening.

Blessings
    AngelLight
    x x

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give an update. Went for another Reiki session and my practitioner said that my heart chakra opened a good bit and not to be surprised if there's a few tears. While I have had a few tears over the last couple of weeks (for various reasons) they've been for stuff thats happening as opposed to realeasing stuff. I feel a bit disappointed as I still feel a bit "meh" and a bit empty or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give an update. Went for another Reiki session and my practitioner said that my heart chakra opened a good bit and not to be surprised if there's a few tears. While I have had a few tears over the last couple of weeks (for various reasons) they've been for stuff thats happening as opposed to realeasing stuff. I feel a bit disappointed as I still feel a bit "meh" and a bit empty or something.

It may take a couple of more sessions for you to feel more of a positive effect or it could be that perhaps you need to work on some area of your life that is causing you to feel this way.

I would echo one of the earlier posters who suggested taking a reiki workshop. You would probably get a lot out of it as it would enable you to practice reiki on yourself.

• Advertisement

Okay thanks, i'll look into it. Just feeling very frustrated at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 11 camper111

if anyone out there wud like to send me healings for posttraumatic stress I will thank u forever

• Registered Users Posts: 11 camper111

if anyone out there wishes to send me healings for posttraumatic stress I wud b very appreciative.

camper111 wrote: »
    if anyone out there wishes to send me healings for posttraumatic stress I wud b very appreciative.

healing energy will be sent.though please do not thank me..Thank the Source instead..all healing is a blessing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

As this thread is about opening the Heart Chakra, let me bring it back on topic,

The heart chakra cannot and will not ever be opened by any healer.

The heart chakra is the seat of clairvoyance and can only by opened by Love, by which I mean Forgiveness, especially self forgiveness, tolerance, patience, and non judgement and here again especially self non judgement. Empathy rather than getting involved in other peoples suffering is a beautiful way of non-attachment which also leads to the opening of the Heart Chakra.

Be sure to get your own ego out of the way before you ever embark on the pursuit of the path of Clairvoyance. In summary, Wisdom added to Kindness is the Royal Road to Happiness.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Xenophile wrote: »
    As this thread is about opening the Heart Chakra, let me bring it back on topic,

The heart chakra cannot and will not ever be opened by any healer.

The heart chakra is the seat of clairvoyance and can only by opened by Love, by which I mean Forgiveness, especially self forgiveness, tolerance, patience, and non judgement and here again especially self non judgement. Empathy rather than getting involved in other peoples suffering is a beautiful way of non-attachment which also leads to the opening of the Heart Chakra.

Be sure to get your own ego out of the way before you ever embark on the pursuit of the path of Clairvoyance. In summary, Wisdom added to Kindness is the Royal Road to Happiness.

I understand where you are coming from .. but imho energy healing can bring about change that can help heal chakra imbalances.. or any imbalances for that matter..

Clairvoyance does not have to be opened by love? As with the all the clair senses.. I have been receiving enlightenment around this subject as I have a rare form of clairvoyance.. It is encoded into your DNA.. when you are ready it will open fully.. yes love has a part to play but it is certainly not the only factor..
    I was born with clairvoyance .. I did not earn it through love.. I do agree wisdom, ego, love etc do have a part.. but so does life purpose, genetics, past life lineage, coded DNA etc..

From my perspective the Heart Chakra has all those gifts eg..centre of peace..love compassion..joy etc.. but Clairvoyance no...intuition yes..heart intelligence yes...Clairvoyance is more connected with the Ajna Chakra..the Soul etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I was born with clairvoyance .. I did not earn it through love.. I do agree wisdom, ego, love etc do have a part.. but so does life purpose, genetics, past life lineage, coded DNA etc..

If you born with these gifts it means that you earned them in a previous or in previous incarnations.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Xenophile wrote: »
    If you born with these gifts it means that you earned them in a previous or in previous incarnations.

Yes I agree with you totally.... I obtained them from previous incarnations :) I am still learning about love as I still have fear as does every human being.. It is through altered states/clairvoyance that I learn about clairvoyance but yes when you change your vibration to the highest form of love, the clairvoyance gets stronger.. so love does have an effect but is not the be all and end all of it.. there are many other factors to consider.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Roger Buck

Guys,

Love people.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Roger Buck

After I typed the last, I worried if it sounded flippant. My apologies if so.

Perhaps I should have said "love people more" … as we can, all of us, love people more.

Advertisement