Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddam Hussein trial location?

Options
  • 11-07-2011 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have a quick query, I think this is the best place to ask.

Does anoyone know in what location Saddam Hussein was
    put on trial, and subsequently executed?

I ask because I collect coins and bank notes. I recently obtained
    an uncirculated Iraqi 100 Dinar note.

iraq100dinar.jpg

Saddam is on the front side of the note, and on the reverse is a landmark
    known as the Baghdad clock. After the 2003 invasion, this building
    was rebuilt and now serves as the Supreme Court of Iraq.

I ask for the location of his trial because if he was tried in a building
    featured with him on a banknote, it adds historical significance to the note.

Thanks in advance.
    Barney

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

A quick search brings up the answer,here's one from Wiki

Time and place of execution
    Saddam was executed by hanging at approximately 06:00 local time (03:00 GMT) on December 30, 2006, the day Sunni Iraqis begin celebrating Eid ul-Adha.[4][5][6] Reports conflict as to the exact time of the execution, with some sources reporting the time as 06:00, 06:05, or some, as late as 06:10.[4][6][7] The execution took place at the joint Iraqi-American military base Camp Justice, located in Kazimain, a north-eastern suburb of Baghdad. Camp Justice was previously used by Saddam as his military intelligence headquarters, then known as Camp Banzai, where Iraqi civilians were taken to be tortured and executed on the same gallows. Contrary to initial reports, Saddam was executed alone, not at the same time as his co-defendants Barzan Ibrahim al-Tikriti and Awad Hamed al-Bandar, who were executed on January 15, 2007.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Execution_of_Saddam_Hussein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

I have somthing similar.
    10'000 Dinars
    scan0005-1.jpg

Advertisement