Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jamma Arcade machine question

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Chances are higher that it's a JAMMA machine than not. Spiderman is a JAMMA based game.

It's pretty easy to find out. Just open up the back and see if you have a jamma edge connector connected to your Spiderman PCB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

so i could use that GameBox 450 In 1 Jamma Board in it? i will take some photoes tonight of the inside of the machine, it only has 3 buttons is it hard to add extra buttons?

That Gamebox 450, can you change the roms on it?

Master of the Universe

You should be able to use it alright. Wiring up extra buttons is nothing too complicated.

I know nothing about that gamebox 450 though. Some of those multi boards can perform really badly. Might want to look up some reviews of it before you make a purchase.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Not usually without removing the disk and hooking it up to a pc. Peoples experiences vary but generally the 'x' in 1's are old pc motherboards (Pentium 4 era) with and IDE Hardrive and a custom topboard for the Jamma interface and therefore you may have problems replacing components. First thing to do is take an image of the hardrive as it'll probably be the first thing to go.

Another thing to consider is the age of the Jamma harness in your cabinet. In order to use the extra buttons used by SF2 etc you will need a Jamma+ harness.

• Advertisement

Is there such thing as a USB - Jamma connector ? I have a PC i can run mame off here and just connect to the jamma inside the machine?

would this do the job?

http://www.arcademachines.ie/shopping/product_info.php?cPath=3_29&products_id=116

safetyboy wrote: »
    Is there such thing as a USB - Jamma connector ? I have a PC i can run mame off here and just connect to the jamma inside the machine?

would this do the job?

http://www.arcademachines.ie/shopping/product_info.php?cPath=3_29&products_id=116

A J-PAC connects your arcade controls and monitor (JAMMA) to the gfx card and keyboard your and your PC (VGA + PS2). This would be a typical way of creatig a mame cab and is how I have one of my cabs set up. You will need a particular type of gfx card that supports the lower resolutions of your arcade monitor or a card that is supported by a piece pf software called Soft-15khz.

Can you recommend a VGA card? thats cheap enough?

I bought my J-pac and VGA card from ultimarc who originally designed these interfaces afaik. From what I can remember they didn't cost a fortune and the support I received was excellent.

5930892534_2dd35f334e_z.jpg

Its Jamma alright! loats of other stuff in there too mmm!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/safetyboy/sets/72157627054505591/with/5930892534/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Aarr...it be Jamma alright.

A lot of wiring in there!

safetyboy wrote: »
    A lot of wiring in there!

Easier then it looks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Nope ya shouldn't need another harness..
    Just plug that board into the jamma connector
    If you want 6 buttons working for each player though you will have to wire extra wires from the jamma connector to the extra buttons
    Thread here on gamebox

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056178105

6011212952_9915bb625e_z.jpg

So Xbox 2 Jamma Arrived! lets set this baby up!

Ouchy, lots of rewiring ahead, everything loads up grand

6012245634_bf9141dd71_z.jpg

6011698025_13353ba72f.jpg

6011697585_d00fac3902_b.jpg

Nice one..glad it works.
    What cab is that you have by the way?

And what the hell is this,some sort of flux dis-combobulator

sampleo.jpg

Master of the Universe

Give the inside of that cab a hoover! :D

• Advertisement

Never..leave the cobwebs.
    Woodies need webs. I left some in mine for authenticity sake.
    I did remove dead spiders though but it broke my heart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭sengoku

And what the hell is this,some sort of flux dis-combobulator

sampleo.jpg

That would be the AC power supply.

Thats what I thought, Christ it looks weird,that's why I was wondering what cab it was..some old school midway or something. What are all those cylinder things and the pcb for?

Its an old poker machine converted that i got off the Warlords of Pez. It's pretty oldskool inside, The CRT lights up and hums like its about to travel somewhere beyond! Wire's start at one colour and finish in another, it's gonna take some backtracking and i dont have the key to the front to pop open the front to see what colour wire is for each of my 5 buttons :)

Advertisement