Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blocking someone on Facebook

• 11-07-2011 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Long story short I made a big mistake a few weeks ago and now Im being seriously Faceook stalked by someone. She keeps sending me friend requests, mails etc. I want to block her from being able to visit my page, finding me in searches and all that. But the problem is when I do this it shows in my setting that I have her blocked. Is it possible to block her without leaving any trace of her in my settings or that I have actually blocked her?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JohnP199

Anyone able to help me or know if it can/can't be done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

What's the problem with seeing the list of people you have blocked in your settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭JohnP199

Dermo wrote: »
    What's the problem with seeing the list of people you have blocked in your settings?

I dont want my gorlfriend to see that I have blocked this person. So can it be done do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

MWAH HA HA HA HA!!! Seesh! Mistake indeed.

Just don't let your missus near your log-in details. Simple!

Your girlfriend shouldn't be near your Log-In details anyway!

Ah right, well there isn't an easy way to do it.

In theory you could write a browser plugin to not show that part of the website but that would only work on whatever browser the plugin is installed in.

You could always report the person for spamming and ask facebook to intervene but that mightn't do the job.

Your best steps now are to never visit your settings page when the girlfriend is around and always log yourself out of facebook when not at your computer.

• Advertisement

MrStuffins wrote: »
    MWAH HA HA HA HA!!! Seesh! Mistake indeed.

Just don't let your missus near your log-in details. Simple!

Your girlfriend shouldn't be near your Log-In details anyway!

I'm curious if it's the missus or the girlfriend that he has blocked :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13 smadcu

Delete your facebook "by accident" and set your new one up with a slightly different name, like use your middle name too or something and up your privacy settings so that you're not found in searches.
    And tell your girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Did you try asking her to leave you alone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Go to their profile - bottom left of page click block person.

Your name won't appear in any searches etc so they can't visit your page.

Macers wrote: »
    Go to their profile - bottom left of page click block person.

Your name won't appear in any searches etc so they can't visit your page.

he's worried about her name appearing in his settings page under blocked accounts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Apologies - misread. Change your password for a start in case herself logs in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

just an observation but isn't it more likely now that she could stumble across this post on a publicly accessible site then see your facebook blocked list?

Advertisement