Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bambu Changed??

• 11-07-2011 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Was in Bambu there at the weekend and was assailed by the new,gaudy decor and the fact that its now a Thai/Italian??:confused: My food was not as nice either

My favourite dish was Massaman with coconut rice and now they dont do coconut rice and the Massaman has been fiddled with(way spicier and not as creamy)

The lovely picture of Thai ricefields now has a huge 'blackboard' graphic of their menu with spelling errors!
    Also the waiting staff have tshirts with a stupid caricature of an Italian guy holding pizza

I'm gutted as it used to be such a nice treat:(
    What gives Bambu??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Mogget wrote: »
    Was in Bambu there at the weekend and was assailed by the new,gaudy decor and the fact that its now a Thai/Italian??:confused: My food was not as nice either

My favourite dish was Massaman with coconut rice and now they dont do coconut rice and the Massaman has been fiddled with(way spicier and not as creamy)

The lovely picture of Thai ricefields now has a huge 'blackboard' graphic of their menu with spelling errors!
    Also the waiting staff have tshirts with a stupid caricature of an Italian guy holding pizza

I'm gutted as it used to be such a nice treat:(
    What gives Bambu??

Ya, it's changed about two months.

They should have stuck to what they are good at.
    The choices on the lunch menu are far more limited too because of the inclusion of the Italian dishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Kadongy

Interesting.
    They had been repositioning themselves quite a bit in the last few years. I think they must not have been getting the sort of business they want for a while or something. They cut the prices for most dishes by almost half a while ago, and removed some of the nicest things. Then they increased them again as far as I recall. Thai/Italian sounds like a bad combination really.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Mogget

Kadongy wrote: »
    Interesting.
    They had been repositioning themselves quite a bit in the last few years. I think they must not have been getting the sort of business they want for a while or something. They cut the prices for most dishes by almost half a while ago, and removed some of the nicest things. Then they increased them again as far as I recall. Thai/Italian sounds like a bad combination really.

I remember when they cut the prices and we went in a fair bit and it was always busy, I suppose that was to garner new business and hope they'd stay once they raised the prices again.

They seem to be pushing the Italian side of things more, so the Thai is getting neglected:(
    Disappointing!

Kadongy wrote: »
    Interesting.

It always seemed busy at lunchtime any time I ate there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Myself and the better half used to love the Bambu and went there most Saturdays after she finished work but a year or so ago the quality of the food deteriated drastically and after three or four bad meals we stopped going there. We went back about four months ago to try it out again and to see if it had improved. It had a little but nowhere near to the standard it was two years back.

I will say though that the staff were always nice and friendly.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

One of my favorite lunch venues in Limerick ... very disappointed to read that standards have slipped.
    It was really lovely, super value, such charming staff & they seemed to do a significant take away business too.
    Might try to get there for lunch this week & see if I agree with the posts here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

I agree 100%. It was my favourite place to eat. The Thai and italian combination is actually quite off putting. I went today hoping to change my mind but unfortunately it fell short and I found the lunch menu choice very poor. Gutted :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭code name paul

I would have to agree with the previous comments, they should bring back Stacey ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Good deals though! 3 courses and a bottle of wine less than 40 quid for two people.

Lunch menu is a 10er for two courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

Had lunch there today .... it was OK but, as others have found, not as nice as it used to be. I had the spare ribs & the sauce tasted a lot more like sweet & sour than any barbacue sauce I've ever tasted. Green curry was only so so ... nothing to get excited about.

Someone should tell the staff, two blonde girls, to try an occasional smile (God the faces on them!). The old staff could teach them a thing or two.

But at EUR10.00 for a starter, main & a 7Up I would have to admit it's good value.

That said I don't think I'll bother going back.

• Advertisement

Callan57 wrote: »
    Had lunch there today .... it was OK but, as others have found, not as nice as it used to be. I had the spare ribs & the sauce tasted a lot more like sweet & sour than any barbacue sauce I've ever tasted. Green curry was only so so ... nothing to get excited about.

Someone should tell the staff, two blonde girls, to try an occasional smile (God the faces on them!). The old staff could teach them a thing or two.

But at EUR10.00 for a starter, main & a 7Up I would have to admit it's good value.

That said I don't think I'll bother going back.

Doesn't it say on the menu it's spare ribs in a sweet and sour sauce?

Advertisement