Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Point sling

Options
  • 11-07-2011 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm looking for a three point sling for a rifle. All I can find on ebay is stuff rated for airsoft with large clip style mounting points. I tried sportsden.ie and sportingservices.co.uk but they did not have anything either.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Whats wrong with the 3 point sling sold in the airsoft shops they are "the real deal". what exactly are you looking for? and for what firearm?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

I used one before on an airsoft gun and while it was uber comfy and great, I didn't like the build quality. Maybe it was just the one I was using.

Anyway, it's for a Tikka Tac. I have a back sling for it but I'd prefer to be able to sling it on my front as I don't like (or ever) have a round chambered when it's on my back. This means I have to unload it everytime I want to put it on my back. If you saw where I shoot you would understand how often I have to do this. There are large areas which never have targets so it's on and off the back every 3 or 4 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Blackhawk ship international

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Universal-SWIFT-Sling-3-PT,1258,1342.htm

Brownells have slings too.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/cid=10112/k=/t=P/Products/Slings

At least with brownells you can see names of companies that make them, then check there website and see if they have something that suits you better.

Been looking at this myself http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1643/Product/V_TAC_QUICK_ADJUST_SLING

GH

That brownells one is only a 2 point, yeah?

The BH one looks alright, I'm just a bit sceptical of how it would actually mount on a Tikka.

Think I'll bang them of a mail!

Arcto wrote: »
    I used one before on an airsoft gun and while it was uber comfy and great, I didn't like the build quality. Maybe it was just the one I was using.

Anyway, it's for a Tikka Tac. I have a back sling for it but I'd prefer to be able to sling it on my front as I don't like (or ever) have a round chambered when it's on my back. This means I have to unload it everytime I want to put it on my back. If you saw where I shoot you would understand how often I have to do this. There are large areas which never have targets so it's on and off the back every 3 or 4 mins!

I put one on my ruger 10/22 picked it up in an airsoft shop and along with an NC star red dot sight had great fun on steel plates for a while, then boredom set in and went back to a vermin hunting set up and now "zero" the rifle in my field up to 150/200 yards (great crack but another story) and not for this thread

• Advertisement

Lucky you and your field :P

So they mount on any rifle really?

yep... I have some 14 insch square 10mm plate welded on to re bar that i can push into the ground i painted them with black hammerite then painted them with white paint. its great to hear the ping:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

where you situated, i might have one here that your talking about, ill try find it and put up pics.

That brownells one is only a 2 point, yeah?

The BH one looks alright, I'm just a bit sceptical of how it would actually mount on a Tikka.

Think I'll bang them of a mail!

Yes it a 2 point, but I dont see why a 2 point wont do.

With the rifle to your shoulder off your right shoulder, the sling would be fully extended. ( I actually like it tight so that it provides stability to the front of the rifle too) The sling goes under your right arm, across your back, over your left shoulder and onto the rifle.

To switch to carry, change the sling from under to over your right shoulder. Change the sling from over to under your left shoulder (the barrel is now facing downward). The above sling can be changed from short to long in a one handed movement. When shortend it will hold in a carry position.

Also when in the front carry position, by rotating the gun to your back, the gun will be slung with barrel up.

GH

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ssl

• Advertisement

So after a good bit of rooting around I am still unable to clarify how to connect a three point sling to a hunting rifle.

Best I can think of so far is to use the sling clasps from my current sling and then attach the 3 point's clasps onto those.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

You need 3 x mounting points?

No the third point is the body.

You need a forward and rear sling mount (which is on nearly all rifles) however the actual clasps/attach points on the sling itself are large and not suitable for mounting onto a standard hunting rifle sling mount. Instead they are large style clasps like you'd find on a sports bag.

So after a good bit of rooting around I am still unable to clarify how to connect a three point sling to a hunting rifle.

Best I can think of so far is to use the sling clasps from my current sling and then attach the 3 point's clasps onto those.

Any ideas?
    You need 3 x mounting points?

A 3point sling only needs 2 points to mount to the rifle/shougun, the third point is on the sling itself allowing the firearm to hang in a different manner than a 2 point aLso the sling can be adjusted from the third point depending on the manufacturer.

To attach it to a rifle/shotgun you will possibly need to replace the standard mounts to allow for the wider sling.

Normally I use .. http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=25742/Product/QD_115_MCS_SWIVEL_SYSTEM

but if you wanna be tacticool..... epoxy these in ...

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=8892/Product/UNCLE_MIKE_S_QD_100_SLING_SWIVEL

GH

GH perfect!

I have a set of mounts VERY similar to http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=25742/Product/QD_115_MCS_SWIVEL_SYSTEM

I was just unsure if I needed to use these or was there some specific set I need.

/me puts back on the n00b hat

Thanks man!

GH perfect!

I have a set of mounts VERY similar to http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=25742/Product/QD_115_MCS_SWIVEL_SYSTEM

I was just unsure if I needed to use these or was there some specific set I need.

/me puts back on the n00b hat

Thanks man!

Generally youll find that slings come with no mounts so that whatever firearm your using you can adapt the sling to suit.

I ordered that 2 point from brownells yesterday so ill let you know now I get on

GH

How much did the shipping work out at? All I'm getting in quote is To Be Determined. I can't justify paying equal to or over the price of what I'm buying.

Did you buy a three point as well? Which one?

How much did the shipping work out at? All I'm getting in quote is To Be Determined. I can't justify paying equal to or over the price of what I'm buying.

Did you buy a three point as well? Which one?

Ive never gotten just 1 thing off brownells when I order so I cant say how much a single item would cost. I usually pay $30-$50 of which I get a box of stuff delivered within 5 working days.

I got the Viking tactics padded quick adjust sling in OD Green (itll match a gun I just painted :) ) part no: [URL="javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder4$repSkuList$ctl04$lnkViewByStockNumber','')"]100-005-407[/URL] for $39.99 http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1643/Product/V_TAC_QUICK_ADJUST_SLING

Its a 2 point sling, and to be honest a 2 point will do everything youll need particulatly if your using it on a bolt gun.

Have a look through the 3 pictures, youll see that there is no mounting hardware with the sling as that is another option that youve to decide on depending on what you are mounting the sling to and what you require.

Its not entirely impossible to have the 1 sling that will very quickly change from a rifle to shotgun or visa versa....

GH

Nice purchase.

I have found a place in the UK that will do me a BlackHawk universal 3pt sling with £10 delivery.

The delivery was £20 until the web store broke so they said to call them and they will do delivery for £10....which is still pricey for something that weighs about .5KG....but I'm not one to turn down £10 :pac:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gesXIMa0vFU

Thats the 2 point sling.

Dont mind all the "Tactical" and "weapon" sh!te... americans will say anything to sell.

From 1.30 itll show the advantages of it being a quick adjust in providing a more stable platform for shooting sitting/kneeling/standing.

GH

• Advertisement

The delivery was £20 until the web store broke so they said to call them and they will do delivery for £10....which is still pricey for something that weighs about .5KG....but I'm not one to turn down £10 :pac:

If you see anything in brownells that you like and can wait a few weeks ill throw it into my order

GH

Advertisement