Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fastest Car, €3000 Max Budget

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

If he buys that I have dibs on the first pax lap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

RoverJames wrote: »
    Hardly the fastest €3000 would get though.

True but if the OP is spending 3K on a car, chances are he/she won't want to spend €1566 on tax for the likes of that Supra ;)

I know there's a few 2.0 ltrs here aswell but this is what I'd go for personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

I wouldn't go highly tuned if the budget is tight.... it'll break your heart and wallet fixing it.... My advice, get a reliable diesel with some torques and save some proper moneys for a newer version of the above suggestions. If you buy an old fast car at this stage- it'll bleed you dry and you'll never upgrade...
    Also, leather, air con, bluetooth and nice sounds...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    But he wants to use it on a track day so those shopping trolleys wont be of any use.

have you ever been in a glanza or gt at a track or drag strip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

barone wrote: »
    have you ever been in a glanza or gt at a track or drag strip?

Big difference between a track and a drag strip. But no, it would appear he hasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭vectra

jimmynokia wrote: »

i drove one of those when they were new.. Some yoke back then LOL
    Often thought about buying one for the laugh :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

what hp would the daihatsu put up? any idea what the 0-60 time is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Any car with lots power can go fast in a straight line, a track is a very different thing. Plus going fast in a straight line is boring.
    Tell that to Richard Hammond!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭itarumaa

Any car with lots power can go fast in a straight line, a track is a very different thing. Plus going fast in a straight line is boring.

I think it is really nice when you put your foot down and something actually happens:)

Still after 6 months I have not get bored with my ls400 performance, altough in corners it is not very good:)

vectra wrote: »
    i drove one of those when they were new.. Some yoke back then LOL
    Often thought about buying one for the laugh :pac:

very rare car nowadays little animals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

Suposse the best option would be the Integra Type R should give most cars a run for there money in the real world and the running costs arent to bad for it once you dont rev it from cold and service it it will go forever. Insurance is a pain on them tho and there prone to getting nicked

Big difference between a track and a drag strip. But no, it would appear he hasn't.

i agree but thread is for fastest car for 3k, a decent spec gt or glanza v would be hard to beat at that money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

I'd say to be careful about getting too old a car cause especially if you're doing much track driving, you'll need to keep spare parts under consideration. Maybe a yaris turbo 1st generation (if you can find one) or else the normally aspirated 1.5 such as this could be worth considering?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I wouldn't go highly tuned if the budget is tight.... it'll break your heart and wallet fixing it.... My advice, get a reliable diesel with some torques and save some proper moneys for a newer version of the above suggestions. If you buy an old fast car at this stage- it'll bleed you dry and you'll never upgrade...
    Also, leather, air con, bluetooth and nice sounds...

Did you read his requirements at all?

Get a diesel???? :eek: :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Barry walsh

Honda Accord Type R? 200-220BHP good handling reasonably quick put a different final drive in her for the track and a lightned flywheel and away you go cheap to pick up because of the BIG tax of 800 odd a year and would be reasonably reliable?? (Yes I do have one :) )

Honda Accord Type R? 200-220BHP good handling reasonably quick put a different final drive in her for the track and a lightned flywheel and away you go cheap to pick up because of the BIG tax of 800 odd a year and would be reasonably reliable?? (Yes I do have one :) )

Any ITR would have it for breakfast on the track. I don't see the OP going for a Honda though

Yes I know but in terms of cost to buy the Accord type r would be cheaper and more practical as an everyday car also 4 doors more space etc they are not that bad on the track but would be nowhere near a stripped ot ITR but you would not get a good ITR for that money just my input

Yes I know but in terms of cost to buy the Accord type r would be cheaper and more practical as an everyday car also 4 doors more space etc they are not that bad on the track but would be nowhere near a stripped ot ITR but you would not get a good ITR for that money just my input

I got a good ITR for less ;)

I know :) but in general!!!

• Advertisement

I know :) but in general!!!

I'm talking about DC2's, but it's a moot point anyway because the op is going to be a fairy and buy another Toyota :pac:

Onkle wrote: »
    I'm talking about DC2's, but it's a moot point anyway because the op is going to be a fairy and buy another Toyota :pac:

Your probably right and yes i know you were taking about DC2s if its a Toyota he wants what about a T-Sport you pick up a 2002-2003 one for around that money 190bhp ish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

yimrsg wrote: »
    Curse you for ruining my childhood memories with logic. Yeah it has no turbo but with the twin turbo it's 0-60 in 5 seconds from here.
    Plus a tuned version holds some sort of land speed record going from what's on wikipedia.

Actually here's your twin turbo in automatic:
    View2-6325933.jpeg
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2142337

Balls in your court germany!

Here...

For another 1k you could make that beauty put down around 340+bhp...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DancingPriest

:D:D:D

He shimmied into my office yesterday mumbling something about a Triumph GT6...:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Ferris

The 200sx would be a good option (light/rwd) for track work but they really need brake and suspension upgrades to make the most of them. Engine wise they're strong and easily tuned to 300hp and they're reasonably comfortable for day to day work. Loads of parts and support around for them too.

An ITR, Clio 172 or a 306 GTi-6 would still probably eay it around mondello but rwd would be so much more fun. A decent m3 would be good but it will need bigger brakes too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

Look for an E36 M3. Dreamers are asking for more but I sold a minter for 3850. People looking to off load them due to tax. V fast though.

:D:D:D

He shimmied into my office yesterday mumbling something about a Triumph GT6...:P

LOL he's like a dog with two mickeys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Your probably right and yes i know you were taking about DC2s if its a Toyota he wants what about a T-Sport you pick up a 2002-2003 one for around that money 190bhp ish

Bit late about a celica, as i allready have one sitting in the yard.:D

BTW Onkle, At least i aint getting the bus to work

BTW Onkle, At least i aint getting the bus to work

Shows what you know, I'm off sick with manflu!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Any ITR would have it for breakfast on the track. I don't see the OP going for a Honda though

Agreed....not a chance of him being sensible and buying an ITR :pac:;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,615 ✭✭✭✭vectra

vectra wrote: »

its a fiat but it made my eyes widen as i read the listing,could be a bargain

Idbatterim wrote: »
    what hp would the daihatsu put up? any idea what the 0-60 time is?

110 HP I Think and 0 TO 60 in 5 SECONDS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Greyfoot wrote: »
    Here...

For another 1k you could make that beauty put down around 340+bhp...

oh god that class! thats when i checked the thread of car photos and found a calibra there lol!

1.5k is very very good! it would need some tidying up i guess, but feck it.

would it be 4wd or 2wd version?

i would love that now, but back to reality :(.

Advertisement