Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tape?

• 11-07-2011 1:25pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have not had any issue until recently with having my bionic device clipped onto the top of my shorts for running, but was expecting to want to put something between me and the metal clip just as an extra precaution when it comes to marathons. It's possibly since it's got a bit warmer but I have now got some very slight friction from the clip happening now so was wondering if anyone knew of some kind of tape that I could stick on my hip to protect me? I'm thinking that just a regular plaster would not survive the sweat and any movement of shorts waist band, but something cheap that would stay stuck for the duration of a run is what I'm after.

I've got a pouch that I wear and could put it in something like that, but I'm putting gels in it and there is only so many extra things I want to wear round the waist so trying to think as minimalist as possible.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Is it just a small area? Compeed plaster?

I used to use sports tape/strapping for the sports bra line.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I like your thinking. It is just a small area, but I'm not sure I could be accurate enough with the likes of Compeed, a small adjustment and the clip will be back directly against the skin again.

Is the tape you get a cheapo, non fluorescent coloured version of that Kinseo tape?

Advertisement