Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fedor Going to UFC

• 11-07-2011 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

A dream super-fight is now a reality.

Fedor Emelianenko, who is now walking around at 215lbs, will be moving over to the UFC brand after his July 30th bout with Dan Henderson. Emelianenko’s first fight will be none other than UFC Middleweight Champion, Anderson Silva.

The fight will take place sometime after UFC 134, which is headlined by Anderson Silva as he takes on Yushin Okami. Emelianenko vs Silva will likely take place at 205lbs. However, Fedor Emelianenko will be undergoing a test-cut after his fight with Dan Henderson. His management has agreed that if he can make the cut to 185lbs without much trouble and if Anderson Silva defeats Yushin Okami, then Fedor Emelianenko vs Anderson Silva will be contested at 185lbs and will be for the UFC Middleweight Championship.

Georges St. Pierre may also be in the mix if he is able to defeat UFC 137 opponent, Nick Diaz. If St. Pierre decides to move up to middleweight, he will be fighting the winner of Anderson Silva and Fedor Emelianenko.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

That would rock, assuming he gets through Hendo which is no easy task..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'll believe it when I see it, 205 would be far more realistic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Oh, I think this is a scam - It was on the Strikeforce website though - Possibly a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Silva would make light work of Fedor I think.
    And at 205 Jon Jones would destroy him too. I don't think he'd be a threat to a title anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pauldoo

this sounds very made up

i think fedor would destroy jones, jones is untested really, hes a bit like brock when brock was winning, everyone thinks hes unbeatable till someone cracks him on the jaw. I know jones has beat shogun, but his fights before that were fairly middle of the road fighters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

M1 Global and UFC are not compatible I would imagine, so I think he would need to leave them before ever signing for UFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The Left Hook

Not happening at all. If it were to happen , i couldnt see him beating silva or GSP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's not true, the website was hacked
    JoeyJJ wrote: »
    M1 Global and UFC are not compatible I would imagine, so I think he would need to leave them before ever signing for UFC.

I'm not sure that's an issue anymore.
    Why would the Zuffa continue to refuse to co-promote UFC with M1 Global when while doing it with Strikeforece

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

lol ^ big fedor nut huggers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Mellor wrote: »
    It's not true, the website was hacked

I'm not sure that's an issue anymore.
    Why would the Zuffa continue to refuse to co-promote UFC with M1 Global when while doing it with Strikeforece

Because Strikeforce isn't PPV in the states. Not sure about the tournament thats on but I don't think it is PPV either. M1 wanted cut of UFC PPV numbers. A big cut too I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 K.Byrne_BJJ

i have doubts about fedor and silva, but fedor and jon jones...... that be sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Because Strikeforce isn't PPV in the states. Not sure about the tournament thats on but I don't think it is PPV either. M1 wanted cut of UFC PPV numbers. A big cut too I think.

It's not PPV, but it is shown on Showtime, a premium channel.
    A SF PPV is also probably in the pipeline. Before, M1 Global asked for a huge chuck of money to move to UFC, they totally overshot and though Zuffa would fall for it. Now Zuffa are in a much stronger position. M1 will prob agree to a decent paurse plus some PPV sales (pretty standard for the big ME fighters) without co-promotion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Mellor wrote: »
    It's not PPV, but it is shown on Showtime, a premium channel.
    A SF PPV is also probably in the pipeline. Before, M1 Global asked for a huge chuck of money to move to UFC, they totally overshot and though Zuffa would fall for it. Now Zuffa are in a much stronger position. M1 will prob agree to a decent paurse plus some PPV sales (pretty standard for the big ME fighters) without co-promotion

Add in to the mix Fedor is on a 0-2 streak and M1's bargaining power has dropped considerably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Tito Ortiz

cowzerp wrote: »
    That would rock, assuming he gets through Hendo which is no easy task..

Thats true Paul, I also think Anderson has a tougher fight in Okami and not sure he will get past him !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Tito Ortiz wrote: »
    Thats true Paul, I also think Anderson has a tougher fight in Okami and not sure he will get past him !!

Im a huge Okami fan but I don't think he can compete with Anderson unless he gets him down early and often!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Im a huge Okami fan but I don't think he can compete with Anderson unless he gets him down early and often!

Okami and Sonnen are training partners now, so Id expect that to be exactly what he's got planned. Okami has better sub awareness then Sonnen though.

Hopefully Silva puts him to sleep nice and quick, but i wouldnt rule out a 25 min dry humping either.

Advertisement